Followers

19 January 2019

Second finish, and . . . ouch

Moonstruck
Midnight Stitching freebie
 


I have another finish for the year. I actually have a couple more almost finishes, but I had to put those down. This little guy is a freebie my LNS kitted up about 10 years ago. I inherited him from a stitcher who passed away. He was a cute quick finish. I am still not 100 percent sure how I will finish him, but I love him!

The reason my other two finishes aren't totally finished is that I have done something to my wrist. It started last week, pin pricks and a fuzzy feeling in my thumb that has steadily gotten worse. In the middle of the week, my thumb and first finger felt like I had gotten a terrible burn and ached. I think it could be carpal tunnel, but wasn't aware that it would be a burning pain like that, OMG. I didn't want anyone touching it.  I did buy myself a brace last night and am trying to rest my hand to see if it helps out a bit. I will go to the doctor if it doesn't get better; I don't have time to not be able to use my left hand.

Still doing OK on my resolution not to buy any new stitching supplies. Especially now that I am resting from stitching. I am enjoying looking at the old stuff I have, appreciating those old designers.

We are under the gun for bad weather this weekend. It's spitting snow now, but they are worried about ice tomorrow. I went to the store last night and picked up some things we could eat even if there was no power and tonight I will make a big thing of egg salad. Everyone likes it in the house and. worst case scenario, we can put it in a car if we have no power to keep cool.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a sweet finish, Rachel! Stay safe and warm if you get hit with the storm! Hope the brace helps (you might want to try wearing all the time for a while).

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls