Followers

12 July 2020

Happy July!

Hi, everyone!

Hope your July is going swimmingly so far. We soldier on here at my house.

My husband found part-time work with an old employer. He starts tomorrow. We both know part time is not enough, but it's something for right now, and, hopefully, he will find something better, full time.

Our 4th of July was pretty tame. My daughter, the Someone-Not-So-Small-Anymore turned 8 at the end of June (I know, CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!!), and we had her birthday over 4th of July weekend because I had what ended up being a 4 day weekend. It was very small. My mom and brother, and Left-brained's parents came for pizza. They have all been social distancing, and they used hand sanitizer, so it was OK.

We also went for our traditional blueberry picking day on the 4th of July. I do not advise it. It was incredibly hot and humid. We couldn't bring our own containers to put the berries in, normally not a big deal, but you had to pre-purchase containers, and I just couldn't fill mine. They put my mom and daughter on the side of the row away from everyone, but I had to wear my mask. I do not advocate berry picking in mask in 90 degree heat.  Mainly because this orchard has smaller bushes, so no shade, and our bizarre May weather--the freeze warning over Mother's Day--killed the blossoms that were there, so the berries that survived weren't as big and it took longer to pick. I ended up with heat exhaustion, not a fun way to spend the day. I spent the afternoon in bed, only waking up when the whole neighborhood reenacted the Battle of Baltimore. Ugggghhh. I did feel better at, like 2AM, so had a long party day last Sunday. Oh, well . . . I try to remember to enjoy the moments, if not the entire experience. We have been doing this picking at this orchard since I was tiny. I only missed the year Katie was born, for obvious reasons, LOL. And we were together. Lots of families didn't get to spend 4th of July with their loved one here on Earth.

This was not the best week in the house. My son, at some point, got up on my desk and CUT the wires in both the power cord and the mouse for my laptop. I am so upset with him, but at least it was my personal laptop and not the one for work. I can always salvage another power cord and will buy a wireless mouse. For this, he lost his Paw Patrol toys for a few days. Some other stuff happened, and I was so frustrated by Friday that I just told my husband I needed to get some time to myself yesterday.

I ended up going to Hobby Lobby to get some floss I need for Claire. I have been having issues finding a decent supply of floss since they relaxed the restrictions. I know there are supply issues, but I do worry they will put us back in lockdown again, and I don't want to be without supplies to finish this piece. HL was FULLY-STOCKED. I got what I needed and got out of there, then treated myself to some HOT Krispy Kreme doughnuts and a large Coke, then went home and stitched for most of the afternoon. It felt like bliss.


My updated progress on Claire. I have reached the bottom of the design and now am working my way over. I am so pleased with her. She is my pride and joy. I may take a week off when I finish this column of pages, but not sure.

I hope your month is rolling along.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Relieved to hear that your husband has found a job. Part-time is better than nothing and praying that something full-time comes along soon for him. It sounded like you had a mixed bag over the weekend of the Fourth. I can't believe that your daughter turned 8. Seems like only yesterday you were sharing that she had been born. Happy to hear that you were able to get what you needed for Claire! She is looking good. Have a good week!

Cathy said...

I'm sorry you had such and up and down week, but it sounds like everything worked out okay in the end. I love Claire; she looks so realistic.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls