Followers

22 September 2015

More pictures (new and improved)

I thought I would share a few pictures of my current WIPs. I'm still trying to figure out how to safely put photos on the laptop--I don't have an anti-virus on there at the moment, so I'm a little worried about hooking my phone up to it to get the ones I take off. I should just buck up and buy the anti-virus, shouldnt I?



Plum Street Samplers
40 count linen with recommended fibers

Something possessed me to start this a few weeks ago. I have had this chart since it came out, and I also have the "sequel".  I just love them.  The mix of the hand-dyed floss and the 40 count is proving a challenge.  I had to frog out that pumpkin and restitch him. But I can't wait to see what this will look like when done. I have a lot of these witch charts, and I would like to set up a display of them, but the question becomes . . . are they just Halloween charts, or is there a history lesson in here?  These people were innocent of the crime. So is it appropriate to just have them up at Halloween, or should it be up all year. But, if it's up all year, would people think it odd?  Hmmm . . .
 


 

  Sleepy Hollow
Cricket Collection
Picture This Plus Loch with recommended Weeks and DMC floss
My progress on Sleepy Hollow, the final panel. I find the trees very confusing to work on because of the hand-dyeds. If this was regular floss I would just stitch the outline and fill in, but I can't do it with the Weeks, so it's slow progress. I usually do a length of black or hand-dyeds and then work on something else and come back when I am steeled for battle. I really can not wait to see this finished. It has been such a long project and I want it set out, not in a box in pieces. So we'll see. It's my push project, along with the one below.


Garden of Eerie
Plum Street Samplers
DMC on cream evenweave.
  

My progress on our wedding sampler. Since we'll be celebrating our 5th anniversary in 3 weeks, it's time that I get this done. I feel like I should feel awkward stating this is our wedding sampler, since it's not hearts and flowers and wedding-y, but . . . There's a reason we got married in October, and I don't think a quirky wedding sampler means we don't respect the institution of marriage. After all, we've lasted 5 years at this. I  really don't know if I will have this done in time, but I'm going to do my best.  I do like it, but I am not a fan of stitching black trees.  I seem to be stitching a lot of them lately. 

No Spend September has been a bust, but I am trying to minimize spending from here on out.  It's not easy to turn around a thought process, but I'm trying. I've been in the fabric store once this month, and that only because I needed something really badly. I bought some ribbon the other night at Walmart, but only because I want to finish something into a no-sew cube, and I just didn't have the right ribbon. I'm not willing to compromise the quality of a finish to save 50 cents. That's ridiculous.  But I am also finding a lot of UFOs and having them to work on for a few months makes it easier to not spend.

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls