Followers

06 March 2016

A small finish

Frost is on the Pumpkin
Just Nan
stitched with called-for threads on unknown fabric with rainbow blending filament
 
 
 
Yesterday was stitching group day. It was also my first real day off in 2 weeks--I started a new job on February 20th, and have been working that and the two existing jobs every day since.  I have been very stressed out--coming home at midnight means I don't get to sleep til 1AM and then get back up at 6 to start the day means I am running on caffeine and determination. I don't know how long I will keep this job, though. When I took it, I told them one weekend day per week and, low and behold, I am scheduled both weekend days for the upcoming week. I am going to try to resolve it today, but I don't know. . . If it has to be, then I will work until I find something else, or get fed up. I don't mind working, I do mind working 70 hours a week when I explained I couldn't do that.
 
Anyway, I started this project in 2015. This picture shows how quickly I abandoned it:
 


 
 
I think the store didn't have 970 when I went and I couldn't find it in my stash, so I gave up and put it away. And then, yesterday morning, stressed out over this new job, I pulled it out and decided I was finishing it. And I did. It took next to no time. Kay-kay helped pull a few stitches.  I know I will finish it as an ornament, but not sure when it will be appropriate to display it. The snowman kind of throws it into a weird place, since I don't have Halloween snowmen, but I guess I could always start  with this.
 
 
Hoping everyone is having  great weekend so far.  And that this week brings some progress!


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a cute Halloween snowman you finished, Rachel! I hope you are able to get your weekend and time off straightened out.

Carol said...

Oh, your work schedule sounds horrid, Rachel-hope things improve!! Love the little snowman Halloween guy :)

Blu said...

Cute finish!
I hope things get sorted out soon and that you aren't so overwhelmed with work.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls