Followers

19 December 2020

Happy Holidays

I have no photos to post, but I wanted to come and wish everyone Happy Holidays. 

I know we are all stressed. I know this pandemic is exhausting at this point. Personally, this is the first holiday season since 2007 that hasn't included me spending many hours at the theatre. It's been nice to have time to bake cookies. All my gifts are wrapped. We drove and looked at lights the other night. But it's not quite Christmassy. But we'll have next year. And I will appreciate how special the season is and, as always make sure our patrons know how grateful I am that they make our little theatre part of their holidays. 

I did decide next year is all about learning contentment. So many of the mistakes I have made as an adult were made trying to be happy. But my mentor, who became a friend, gave me advice that adulthood is more about contentment than happiness. And that is where I want to be. So my focus is to stitch what I love, finish what I can, read what is on my shelf and enjoy the clothes I own. And to write with passion. I actually have a novel brewing in my head and I would like to put it on the page. Even if it never gets published, it would at least be real.

So that's it from here. From our house to yours, be well, know love, and have happy holidays. 


No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls