Followers

04 December 2008

It pays to console yourself

I stayed at my mom's house last night because I worked at the theatre til 10, and it would have been another hour trip back to our house to go home, then to get up this morning to leave the house at 6:30, that would have made me a zombie, woke up SO, and just generally made for an unpleasant day on the whole. I still didn't get to bed at a reasonable hour--the twins were messing with each other all night, all hyped up, and then somehow the cat got involved. We didn't get to sleep til 2, and then up at 7:15. ARRRRRGHHHH

Anyway, before I went to bed, instead of sulking over those beautiful Double-flips I posted yesterday (it helped that I focused on how exhausted I was after sorting through those piles of charts last weekend, not to mention the whole charity aspect. I mean, come on, charts or food for starving children or cats?), I started looking through some of the boxes that were left at the house. I am searching for a Vermillion Stitchery pattern that I vaguely remember seeing in the vicinity of these boxes, and figured, since I do these sorts of things, I stuck it in the boxes. Of course, though, because that would make something of a sense, I didn't do it, so I didn't find the chart. DARN IT.


But I did find some charts I misplaced. Yay! And they were good ones. There was an issue of Classic Cross Stitch, with a cool Halloween design, and some cat charts. And, and this brought me infinite joy, a Lanarte kit of a Lippizan stallion. That's been AWOL for a few years, although that was more a function of it was an early birthday present to myself in 2005, bought and delivered right when my grandmother died in October, and so I don't really remember much of what I did for that month, and I don't think I'm responsible for whatever I did. So I have this kit back! Yay. It always makes me feel better to have one of my horse kits close. Is that wierd?

I finished the apron for Mom's Miss Penny doll last night. I am really stoked about that. She's cute, but I don;t like her. Too fiddley. I'll have her finished by Wednesday, though.

3 comments:

riona said...

You are holding up well with your duty stitch for your Mom ... always the hardest type of stitchery to do ... and not nearly as satisfying as those things we pick out because we love them ... I know whereof I speak since I just got a duty stitch for my sister-in-law back from the framers: a cat swaddled in toilet tissue who thought his name was "Stop that!". Glad to hear you are having fun "shopping" in your own stash. I have taken a vow to buy no more than five charts in 2009 ... and I am planning to reserve that precious few for charts I need to complete series that I am already working on. I must have 100 charts in my stitching center drawers ... and that is not counting magazines and books that contain charts I want to stitch. I am also resolved to redirect some of that money towards saving for my grandson's college and for my own retirement.

Suzanne said...

Glad you found your stitching stuff...I hate when I misplace something.

I bet the twins were glad to see you!

Suzanne

Pumpkin said...

Is that the same Lanarte kit I have? I love that one :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls