Followers

02 April 2010

Spring Blessings

I hope that today finds us all in good circumstances. I think the weather has finally broken here in Maryland. It was gorgeous yesterday; warm, trees and flowers blooming. The peepers were singing to each other in our Shrek-swamp. I drove to my part-time job with the roof open, windows down, and music blaring, and, to my DELIGHT, at the nearby Thoroughbred farm, they had put the broodmares out in the fields, along with their new foals. It's funny, but, ever since college, when I would sell my soul for a ride out into the surrounding backroads and horse farms around Lexington, it doesn't "feel" like spring til I see a foal. I used to wonder if I was looking upon a future Derby winner when I would look at them. Something about those long twinkly legs, and that flip-flap tail, and their enthusiastic grace, it just speaks of the promise of the season. Hard work lies ahead, but, for now, let's embrace the newness of life.

3 comments:

kimstitch3 said...

amen for good weather Rachel. It has been beautiful here in TN as well.A year ago today,we had deadly tornadoes sweep through our town/city,but all is well today,thankfully. Take care and Happy Easter to you and yours,Kimbery

Julie M said...

Our weather has improved too Rachel. No peepers here though. For me it's the turtle doves.

I'd love to see the mama's and their babies in the field. That would be awesome!

Siobhán said...

I hope you had a good Easter, Rachel! I love seeing the new foals and lambs, too.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls