Here are my progress photos for the weekend.
This is Barn Kitties, by Dimensions. Please excuse the fuzz. It's clean, we just have a nubbly blanket that gets all over black things. I filled in the kitten's face and he has a leg now. He is progressing forward in the world!
I am a bit annoyed though by the amount of floss they're requiring. The barn itself is calling for 4 strands. Now, I don't know about you, but it's hard to pull 4 strands of floss through anything smaller than 11 count. I am having to tug on it. I don't like that. I thought about using two, but I'm sure there are dimensionality issues I don't understand just now, but I will when it's finished, so I keep tugging through. In good light. I told Left brain we need another lamp in the bedroom. Maybe if we moved the one in my sewing room in, it would work better. HMMMMM
This is my progress on Prairie Schooler Autumn Leaves. It's on Summer Sky evenweave, since I'm always on that quest to capture the autumn sky on my fall pieces, with Hand-dyed Fibers. I guess you would call it a UFO, since it's been almost a year since I worked on it, and I don't even think I've ever posted a progress photo here. I was trying to remember what play the theatre was producing when I started it. My heart wants to say Peter Pan, but I'm not sure. I vaguely remember working on it in our downstairs box office, which was unheated, but I'm not sure if that was the first time I worked on it or if I'd picked it up. I am so confused. So, it may or may not be a two year old WIP.
I swapped out the center motif for the doe and fawn ornament. I liked the way they looked better than what was on there originally, even though I know deer don't usually have babies in the fall. I think I bought the silks when the chart came out, and I'm so pleased at how nice this looks. I really like how flexible Prairie Schooler charts are in that you aren't limited to the fabric and floss you can use. I love the look of them on Aida with DMC, so sturdy, yet fresh, but I've thrown in Weeks on some of them as an accent, and now I'm using special fabric and silks exclusively. Talk about a seamless transition. I don't think it will take that much longer to finish, but the scene at the bottom is a big one, and there is enough variegation in some of these colors that I have to complete each x by hand, which slows me down.
So, HMMMM, that's what I have for now. Hopefully, there will be more progress photos soon.