Followers

22 January 2014

My other craft project

I am way prouder of this than I have any real right to be, but considering I don't do a lot of other crafting, or really much of anything else, this little glass block is probably my masterpiece of craftiness. 
 
 
 
 
I got the stuff to make it back in July at AC Moore. It looked too easy to be true. And I have lots of those projects under my belt: tee-shirt iron-ons, making decorative trays, quilting. But this one actually wasn't that hard. I used my bone folder to do the actual rubbing, then pulled really slowly and kept checking to make sure bits were transferring.
 
There were probably ways I could have made this better. I know they have some sort of material you put on to make a frost, and that would probably help keep the wires from not being visible, but . . . it was my first try and I didn't want to jinx it. And it looks good, I think. Next year, I'll play around a little with them.

 
I did see a lot of craft projects involving these blocks on Pinterest. They looked pretty cool, but don't ask me how people manage to accomplish sticking things in there. It seems like a "ship in the bottle" kind of craft. I am sure I could accomplish more if I had a Cricut or something like that, but I don't  and I'm not looking to get one anytime soon.
 
So that's that. I probably should start trying to do more of these little crafts. They may not be perfect, but it was fun to make and quite satisfying.

4 comments:

stitchersanon said...

I think it is beautiful..so effective! I havent seen anything like it before I am very impressed. Beautiful xx

Meari said...

Very nice! What did you use to make the picture?

Vicky said...

So pretty, well done :)

valerie said...

So pretty! It'll be a great decoration during Winter for your home.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls