Followers

11 August 2014

Insanity and other ramblings . . .

I know you all must be getting tired of these posts about organizing, cause I'm tired of organizing, LOL.  But I am almost there. I got the stuff Left-brain brought home from the storage unit at least split up into charts, kits and magazines. I've really pushed to get things in order. Along with putting away the boxes of books. On that front I am down to one box to give away, 2 boxes that need a bookcase, and one box that is missing in the garage (of course, it's the box with the books that I love, but I know it's out there).

I am finding my UFOs and getting them together.

I am organizing my floss. That is still an on-going, kind of sucky, project, but it's almost finished. 

So why do I find myself putting stuff on my wishlist and thinking about ordering more. I totalled up my 123 wishlist. $1200. To be fair, I have Victoria's Samplers charts on there, and a Snapper kit, and Blackberry Lane stuff. Those alone are probably $200 of it, but that still leaves $1000 that is so tempting. I'm trying to resist, but it's hard.

Still in my rotation of projects this week. I worked on the hands picture for most of the week, put it aside for The Mysterious Town of Halloween. I am not enjoying that project as much as I thought I would, but I know it's because I have had to frog it like crazy. I hate frogging. Maybe once I get past this area, it won't be as bad. I don't want to run out of Loden before it's finished, but, if I do, I know I ordered it from 123stitch, so I can go back to them and probably get the same dyelot.

3 comments:

stitchersanon said...

We all hate the frogs lol. I hope the stitching experience improves for you, and then of course you can treat yourself lol

Erin said...

Every time I think I'm nicely organized, I end up pawing through things to find something/start something/whatever, and then life gets in the way of putting things away properly... :/

My wishlist right now isn't too big, but I'm soooo tempted by Lynne Nicoletti's new "Medieval Christmas Angel" and Just Nan's "Miss Witchy" mouse ornament. I keep adding them to baskets at various ONS sites, then convincing myself I don't need them and closing my browser!! LOL

riona said...

It'll be easier to resist the temptation to buy more stash if you keep reminding yourself how far $1200 will go toward increasing your down payment on a house and consequently reduce the interest that drives the cost of a mortgage so high over the years ... to the point when you are actually paying two or three times the market value of the house by the time you are through. Be practical and be strong.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls