Followers

04 August 2014

Weekend WIPs.

What a week this has been! After bringing home all the stuff from the storage unit, my goal has been to get it finally organized and put away so I can see what is going on and what I have. Not a lot of stitching time, after I finished BlackBird's Winter Delivery.

And that meant I spent Saturday putting together bookcases, and loading them up. (Of course Blogger doesn't want to play nice today, so I can't show pictures.) I bought three of these and one of this one. Left-brain doesn't think we have room for all three of the large bookcases, but I am only planning on two big and one small on  one wall, and maybe the other one on another wall. They weren't hard to put together--I left the back off, since we have a plug on the wall that I use to power things I need for the office, and it looks fine.  Ended up with about 5 boxes of books on one of  the tall ones, and put my binders of freebies and a few binders of charts, along with my organized floss, on the low one. I'm going to use the tops to store the weird decorative objects I have that don't fit in any storage box man has yet created.

I was going along pretty good, until I fell on our steps and rolled my ankle. NOT COOL. Not with everything I need to do. It feels better now, butkind of ended the project mid-stream, at least for right now. I may do some more construction tonight.

Anyway, yesterday was stitching group day. I took a project that I have been working on forever it seems, but I made really good progress.


I think I can have this page done this week. It fascinates me how well the details show up. And how it does look like a photo. Maybe not close up on it--I still find myself wondering how Kay-kay and I, who are the two palest people I know, could possibly need 815 or 921 to reveal our skin tone, but, the project looks lovely. I think, and I may be pushing myself WAY too hard here, that I am going to set myself a goal of having this project and Santa's Pets done by Christmas.Neither chart is that hard to read, and I'm comfortable now. Imagine how it would feel to have two large projects with an absurdly intense emotional attachment to them (and I just realized they bookend my pregnancy--I started Santa's Pets the weekend I found out I was pregnant and the photo of this was taken when Kay-bay was two weeks old, but anyway), how would it feel to have them DONE?  I plan on framing it with a copy of the original photo, but I am still trying to figure out if I want to put something in there about where and when it was taken. Katie might like that in the future.
 
 
 The other project I worked on is this one:

 
This is The Mysterious Town of Halloween SAL by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I was going back and forth about it, but after seeing all the WIPs online, and knowing it didn't cost that much, I signed up. It took me FOREVER to choose a fabric. But I stopped in at my LNS on the way home from an appointment this week, and this Stone Grey fabric called to me. It's really pretty and the colors stand out against it, so I think it's great!  I really need to catch up as it's almost time for the third installment, but if I am slow, as long as it's done for Halloween, right?
 
So that is all from here. I am fairly luxuriating in seeing the books I forgot I had, so you have to pardon me. It's just lovely to see my Harry Potters, right near my novels of Sarah Agnes Prine (I HATE epistolary novels, but these are exceptional. Nancy E Turner wrote these books and I swear, PBS has totally missed out by not making them into a series.) My heart is quite happy this morning, a big change from last night, where I was listening to Christmas carols, but ended up crying because there was a song I liked, and I saw the album, thought my dad would love it for Christmas, and then realized, he isn't here to buy a Christmas gift for this year. And that was the end of the music for the night. But today is bright and clear, and I was reminded that there are many older people who have no one to buy them a gift, and Katie and I have no Poppy to shop for, so we're going to make a connection and shop for those who need us. And Daddy will understand.
 
 

2 comments:

Honeybee said...

I think Christmas shopping for the elderly who have no one to give them gifts is a wonderful idea! Must steal it! ;O)

Shelly said...

Nice progress on your projects. I agree wholeheartedly about PBS and the Prine books. I've read two but I'm sure there's one more, right? I might have to reread them!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls