Followers

16 September 2014

Mid-September update


 
 
Not much to report this week. I had a small finish last week, which I'll try to finish-finish this week and post. I'm toiling away at Santa's Pets. It sort of feels like being in the doldrums; there is progress, but not much, and I'm too far in to abandon ship, and the finish feels so far away . . . My plan is to stitch on this for the rest of the month, then work on Halloween stuff next month, and then spend the rest of the year making sure this is finished by Christmas Eve. It sounds like an achievable goal, I think. I just need to get out of this sea of blue and white!
 
I did happy dance yesterday because I finally sent in the last payment on my hospital bill from Kaydence. Yep, I officially own a sassy toddler. To celebrate not having to shell out $125 every month (there are a lot of issues behind this, I don't mind paying money I owe, but I was given bad information by a rep from the insurance company at the time, and the payment processing company, I had to call every 3 months and make sure that our math matched--spent three hours sorting it out. One of those things no one ever says is because of them), I bought 4 charts from 123. I ordered "Fancy Blackett--The Harvest Dance," "Spring Hare", and "Why I Believe".  AND . . .  because I learned from not ordering the mice when they come out, I ordered "Miss Witchy Mouse." I know the last thing I need is more stash, but I liked them and, now that I get some breathing room til the next crisis comes around, I took advantage of it. Apparently these mice are not hard to assemble. I shall give my review of them.
 
I did stop in at Hobby Lobby last night on my errands last night. I was kitting up my Miribilias for the Panting to Stitch SAL, and one that I just want to do. They had the fall stuff out, and Copper Fox had posted a little fox dish she got there. I went to looking and this little guy, well, he just begged to come home with me. I love his little bushy tail!  They had other things that I liked, but I decided to skip them for now. Maybe next month, after I finish paying off my car . . .  


 
Anything as smart as a fox would want to protect my classics! 
 
I was a little miffed that they close at 8. I got there at 7:40, and didn't have enough time to get all my floss, but that's OK, I'll save it for another trip. Weird that they close at 8. Who does that?  But then again, who gets the urge to craft at 8:30 at night, and you never see anyone at Michaels that late . . . I guess they figure if you want to shop HL, get up early.
 
So that's all from here. It's a busy week ahead. I work both days this weekend, but I'm OK with that! 

5 comments:

Honeybee said...

Ohhhhh, I love your little fox! And I'm so looking forward to your SAL. I've decided to do our wedding sampler. :O)

stitchersanon said...

Ooo love the fox and looking forwards to see ing your SAL come on!

VegasJilly said...

I love hobby lobby! When I heard they were first open, I had my husband take me there. But of course it was a Sunday and they aren't open on Sundays. Lol. Glad I only live 10 mins from there now!

Annie said...

Santa is looking fantastic! I love when you update this one!

Carol said...

It is so enjoyable to watch this piece grow, Rachel! And congratulations on getting the hospital bill paid off--more money for fun things now :)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls