Followers

03 February 2019

Sorry about that!

I didn't realize the links wouldn't work. Ooops  Here they are!

A baby wolf

look at this cute fox!

This designer is rapidly becoming one of my favorites

I am really drawn to this style of design lately.


I thought they were nice. In case you need to buy something.

I have made the decision to toss that mold-splotched WIP and start over. It's not the easiest decision, but I would rather start fresh with clean supplies and not end up sick. I need to order a new piece of fabric, since this was not a standard size cut, but I will hold off on that purchase til I NEED enough to make it worthwhile. I think, if I use the stairstep method I adopted after I started it, it will go faster. Maybe in the summer, I can start it.

I have a couple recent finishes, although these photos are arguably not great. I will try to get some better ones.

 
This and That
Cricket Collection Freebie
kitted up by my LNS
 
 
This was intended to be a basket tie on, but, after working on it, I realized I am not the kind of person to tie things onto a basket, so I snipped some fabric off the sides and will make a little pillow out of it.It was sort of a pain to stitch, but I think some of that was the fact that my hand was starting to hurt when I worked on it.


Fox Forest
Workbasket
called-for threads on unknown aida
I have had this chart since it came out.  Please take the following as my personal opinion that may or may not  affected by the face that I was in A LOT of pain working on this. I loved the design, I did not enjoy stitching it. I realized I have been spoiled by using GAST and CC floss. It covers better than Weeks. This coverage felt skimpy to me, and I think of foxes as luscious and fluffy. That poor guy in the middle, he even looks like a coyote to me. Poor dude. I may redo this with DMC when my hand doesn't hurt. The burning, raw sensation is starting to go away, though it came back this week when I was brushing snow off the car, it's mostly just achy. I know I posted I would go to the doctor, but I have had some dental issues crop up, and my kids have been dealing with respiratory stuff since the beginning of the year. Hopefully we are going to start feeling better.
 
 
 
But I did want to share this darling tabby gentleman:

 
He is so soothingly perfect in his orange sweetness. The stitches are laying correctly. The backstitch is falling into place. The long stitches are so satisfying. Most of my work is not this even and . . . pretty at this distance. This is stitching ASMR. The chart was torn out of an old image of British Needlecraft (with no identifying issue information) and it's just lovely. I have had it for several years, and just decided to work on it. It also uses lazy daisies, which I suck at, so it will all even out. I will post a photo when he is done, but thought you might like to see him in process.
 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Thanks for the Etsy links, Rachel! What a sweet cat you are working on! Congratulations on your Fox Forest finish! I think it looks super. While I know you really didn't want to toss the mold splotched WIP, it was a really smart decision. I hope you have a wonderful week.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls