Followers

23 March 2007

Lost my Stitching Mojo

I think I temporarily lost my stitching mojo. Hell, I lost my mojo for pretty much everything this week. I was OK earlier, then got really, really pissed on Wednesday--I am sorry, no man is going to have me all stressed out and despondent for 8 months over what he said to me, then take me back, act like it was no big deal, then dump me again, and walk scot-free, so I told him off via text message. I gave him back a small iota of the self-doubt, the anger, and the pain he gave me and I am NOT ashamed of myself. And then last night, I was so depressed that I ended up calling up the radio station and requesting Faith Hill's Cry, and then got to bawling on air. Brea said it was OK, it was a moment, and we are allowed moments. And I am sure there will be more, but I got to get my mojo back. The scale was back under 190 pounds for the first time in a long time, and that is good. And I don't need to worry that if it creeps up over that mark, some a-hole will dump me. I may be a fat girl, but I am a bee-you-ti-ful, single fat girl, and I don't need to be moping.

Anyway, I am working on a little Lizzie Kate freebie my LNS kitted up called Let It Snow. It is going to be an ornament. I think with my new budget, I will be doing a lot of my own ornament finishing. I need to learn how to do it. I like this design, it's just a little fiddly cause it's small fabric, and, although my fingers are usually adequate for holding, this is a little much for them. Surely it can not be that hard to finish ornaments, right. Though the quilt store is probably sold out of snowflake fabric. I will figure it out.

Rashad is working on my logo for By the Tail of the Tabby. I know it's gonna be cute. He is a good artist. Now to just get the time and sit down to apply for my business license. Hopefully, Maryland is not going to be too anal about the fact that I am dying fabric and require environmental licensing. I am dying fabric by hand in my dining room, not in industrial sized vats. But that is a road I will cross when I have to.

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls