Followers

13 January 2009

Renovation

I thought we could do with a little sprucing up in here. The Christmas background was nice, but it's not Christmas anymore. Leaving it up like that won't make it Christmas again. And even I am not lazy enough to leave it Christmas-y for 49 weeks, which is about the time til Christmas rolls around again. Anyway, I'll put the links back when I get a few moments.

I have decided I am in perfect LOVE with the Sampler Girl's charts. I do have several of her charts, they just make my heart sing. I am making "Everything" from Literary Littles for SO for Valentine's Day. But I love all her stuff. This
is her totally awesome blog, with lots of freebies that would make some gorgeous ornaments. I am adoring her Clara/iceskating design. I love it. I covet it. I wish my LNS would carry her stuff.


I have decided one good thing about the world economy stinking is that the dollar is much stronger against the pound. $1.45 to GBP1 today when I went surfing on Sewandso's website. I did put some Pollyanna Pickering kits in my cart to see how much they would cost, and it wasn't terribly unreasonable, like $32, plus not having to pay VAT is like a sale. It's tempting to me. Veddy tempting.I don't know if I could talk myself into purchasing those charts as a way to stimulate the world economy. I did sucessfully convince myself my post-9/11 credit card purchases (and God, there were so many) were my contribution to fighting terrorism, but I'm a lot older now, and I finally realized that if the country was relying on Citibank and I to fight the Taliban, it had asked the wrong people. I plan to exercise a bit more control, though, to be serious, this economic downturn did get worse after I cut back my spending. Hmmmmmm . . .

3 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Love your new look! And your thoughts on contributing to the world economy certainly made me chuckle!

Annie said...

I like the penguins. And I can read the text better with this color scheme.

I need to check out Sampler Girl now that I read your praises.

Pumpkin said...

Nice update :o)

Thanks for the link to The Sampler Girl's Blog! I didn't realize she had one.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls