Followers

07 September 2009

Is it Monday already?

This weekend sure went quick! Hope yours was a blast! We had great weather to send out the summer.

I came home Friday to the most wonderful surprise. SO said to me, "Why don't you go let the dogs in?" It was 9:30 and I was tired, having worked 76 hours in 8 days, so I must have given him one of my famous, "They're not the dogs, they're your dogs" looks, but I got up to let them in. And, out in the garage, was a pair of brand-new mountain bikes, one for SO and one for me. Didn't I feel stupid? I ran back in and gave him a hug, since I have been wanting a bike. He totally bought them on a whim, thinking they would be fun for us to take to the beach. I love mine!

However, I have not been on a bike since 1993, and it shows sadly. I already had my first accident. I was going too fast, and ran into the railing on a bridge on the walking path we were riding on. The bike is OK, me not quite so lucky. I have a scraped leg, a scratched finger, but I dinged up my fresh pretty French manicure that I was so vain about--red tips with black and silver trim, my personal statement of, "Summer's not over just because it's past Labor Day, I will not go gently into fall nail colors!" But I'm not too pressed; I could have actually been hurt, and it was my stupid fault. I'll sacrifice a bit of nail enamel and acrylic to not be hurt; thank God, because the path is right by the Firehall and we watched the only ambulance in town go whizzing by right as we got there, so God watches out for fools and children.


I was a little stitching demon this weekend. I'm mostly ready for vacation. Still haven't finalized my stitching projects, but I am mostly packed, pretty much ready. My sewing room is as spotless as it's going to get; I don't picture SO's mom as a snooper, but if she wants a book to read, I have plenty for her.



This is my progress on HT afghan. It's moving along, but still not quick. OHHHH, I saw my first hummingbird Saturday morning. Tiny little thing, investigating our non-nummingbird feeders. We didn't know we'd get them, so we don't have one. I think that needs rectified, don't you? I even have the new needlepark I bought on it. It seems to be working OK, but I think I should have a bigger one for this. With all the shading, it's a big small.


And Cat Lover too. Almost finished! I am shooting to get this finished tonight. There is supposed to be a button on the cat's hat, but, since the chart doesn't specify WHICH button, just that its a JABC button, and, since it looks fine without it, why stress over it?


So that's all for now!

5 comments:

Julie M said...

Great stitching!

Glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt in your accident and what a sweet thing for your SO to do! I used to enjoy bike riding but hate to wear a helmet so I have given up on it.

Carol said...

Hi Rachel! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your get well wishes for my foot. Sounds like you need some too after your bike accident. You be careful on that bike--my husband is an avid biker and has had some pretty nasty scrapes.

I love your afghan--beautiful colors! I'll be back to see your progress :)

Meari said...

I tell ya... I can empathize about the bike accident. I'm still healing up from mine! My bike is finally ready to be picked up from the bike shop. Very nice of your SO to get the bikes!

Your WIPs look good :)

CindyMae said...

Your stitching is looking just lovely!!! Beautiful work~

Kathy A. said...

My goodness girl - you be careful on that bicyle!!
Love your afghan - it will be stunning done.
Great little Cat lover too.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls