Followers

25 September 2009

Stitching again

It's been a slow re-entry back, but I'm stitching again. I got my order of braid and beads last night, but realized I forgot to order black. And I don't have black braid, at least not that I know I do, and I am not going to go looking for it. There is a substitution for black floss, so I'll just use that instead. I don't think it will hurt. But I did notice that Weeks black is kinda skimpy, coverage-wise. It's covering, but it's not as luxuriantly plump as the regular DMC. I'm trying to be more aware of these things, since the fair judges pointed them out. I guess it's the way the fibers take the dye?

I got a lot of stitching on the ornaments accomplished last night. We watched The Dark Knight, since there was nothing else on. I really like that movie, which is wierd for me, since I have never liked Batman, EVER, not since the first one. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how these movies fall into the 90s Batman movies; are they like a prequel, or are we just supposed to forget those other ones exist. But I think I like this one cause it wasn't hokey. I prefer my humor to be earnest; things should be funny because everyday life is funny, not because people are grasping morons. There was humor, but it wasn't juvenile, and no stupid 'Batdance' song, although I didn't like Aaron Eckhart's interpretation of Harvey Dent; he kind of played him like a cartoon, but other than that, it was good. When we see stuff I've already seen, it's easier for me to stitch, since I don't have to pay such close attention. I'm hoping to get the rest of the stitching finished tonight, since we're going dress-browsing tomorrow, and I work on Sunday. I know it's early to go looking, but there are some dresses I really like, and I don't want to keep looking at them if they're too expensive, especially since I may have figured out a way around the strapless dress with large bosom conundrum via a lace bolero/shrug deal (Once again, Etsy, you rock my world with your handmade goodness!) I think these ornaments will be done by the time they are supposed to be shipped out, maybe sooner. Wouldn't that be a refreshing change for me? I need to round up where I put the treat bag I bought to stick everything in and then get a few more goodies to send her, and a card. But that's no big thing to accomplish, and everything is on sale now! I just bought a sign that says, "I have flying monkeys, don't make me use them" for 25% off. Woo hoo.

Other than that, my stitching is going slowly. The night before we went on vacation, I pulled out my White Willow Stitching Arab to work on. There's a photo of my UFO in the WIP section of Jamie's website that's been there for two years, and it's pretty much in the same condition it was when I took that photo. I really feel awful about not working on it more, it's just that I need more continuous time to work on it than I have. Maybe this winter . . . I am getting more progress on the Boo Club. I just have the cat to finish for Black Cat, and that flip is done. I figure it takes me about 3 days to do each little section, so all in all, not too bad. And these would make good ornaments for a Halloween tree. I was thinking about that the other day.

Have to run. I'm planning on posting pictures this evening, depending on our plans. Cross your fingers I get that accomplished!

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls