Followers

23 September 2009

September is flying by!

I realized today there is one more week in September. And just 6 1/2 weeks til my birthday. What happened to this month? What happened to this year? If this is how the time will pass, I need to get on the ball with the wedding planning.

We're tossing ideas around, leisurely, like softballs. I have my bridesmaids picked out. God bless my best friend, she graciously accepted my request to be my MOH. I figure this is a positive for everyone; she is the only person in the world who wouldn't be afraid to deck me if I start being a Bridezilla, but yet, wouldn't do it because she loves me too much. Our flowergirl is excited because of the footwear; "Can I wear high heels?" she breathed in rapturous delight. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out what shoes I can buy that won't make me look like a shrimp, since HTB is a foot taller than me, but yet, I can stand without falling over in. The "ringbear" told us his job is to hand out rings. His uncle is going to have to explain to him that he has to take them to Grampa, or else whoever's sitting in the last row will have a very unique souvenir of our ceremony, and we'll end up hunting for rings like that scene in 4 Weddings and A Funeral. :)


But all in all, it's a wierd time. I know the wedding and the party are not the most important part of being a married person, but I want to have it be a memorable day. I'm remembering every idea I ever had for a wedding, and what I don't remember, my mom does. Options for places to get married are being items of contention. The two places I had thought of having the service as a younger person aren't near any reception venue, so those are out--the guests shouldn't have to drive an hour for punch and cake, ya know? I'm looking for favors. I think I want to have candles as a favor, and I have been looking on Etsy. Etsy grows more impressive every time I look. It's like a good craft fair. And I love it! And I still can't believe, looking at these bridal gowns, that I finally get to wear one. I think it's gonna feel like playing dress-up for a while. But I'm confident I'll know the right one when I see it; it's the one that, when I put it on, I'll hear him suck his breath in! That's my goal, at least.

I do think I know what I want to adapt into our ringbearer pillow. One of these:



I was planning on doing one anyway, since I like the Celtic feel of them and thought it would be good for then-SO, but this way it becomes a distinctive keepsake for us. What do you think?

6 comments:

Bette said...

Great idea for a ring bearer's pillow. You could use the initial of your new last name (I'm assuming that you'll take your new DH's name). And when the wedding's over, you'll have a lovely momento of the day.

Cindy said...

Don't sweat the wedding details too much, trust me :) If you can get it done without too much stress, do it. If not, nobody else will notice :)

The pieces that you picked out for ringbearer pillows would be fabulous!

Annie said...

Perfect choice for the pillow. Very elegant designs.

I loved 4 Weddings & a Funeral. But I think if it happened in real life, that scene might not be so funny!

tkdquintmom said...

Oh WOW I think that is a fantastic idea for a ring bearer pillow. How unique and beautiful...and you would truly have a wonderful piece to display for the rest of your lives. Perfect.
Try not to let youself get stressed..the day will be perfect no matter what...

Anonymous said...

Love it, I actually stitched the letter "S" for my daughter for Xmas. I used Waterlilies silk, it turned out great. You can see a picture on my blog under completed cross stitch. Congratulations!!

Pumpkin said...

I think it will be beautiful :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls