Followers

20 November 2009

Placed an order . . .

for Fa-la-la, the first of the ornaments in the LHN SAL Vonna started--link is in my profile for anyone interested. I've recommitted to Bride's Tree and am planning on stitching the angel ornie over the next week, and also this SAL. Part of me is a little bit, "Do you really want to commit to SAL when you are also planning the year of stitching freebily?", but, I mean, it's not like I've committed to stitching something big. These aren't that large, the bride's tree ornaments are not large, and, when it comes down to it, neither are most freebies. So I figure it'll be OK. As long as she doesn't use any funky, unobtainable fibers--I don't have time in 2010 to take a slowboat to Tibet, sweet-talk a yak into letting me comb fibers from his back, hand-dye them and spin them into floss. Plain DMC for me please. Thanks!

In other news, The Busy Needle is having their annual Diabetes Tree fundraiser. For a donation, you get a freebie packet and a handmade ornament. My goodies came in the mail last night. My ornament was made by Ozark Sampler and it's beautiful. The freebies are going to be a lot of fun to stitch and I can't help but think they'll be on our tree next year. Plus, you can design your own ornament for next year and they have some fantastic Ebay auctions. It's a worthwhile cause.

Heaven and Earth Cross Stitch Designs is now carrying House Mouse charts. Do you know how happy that makes my little mouse hoarding heart? They're a bit pricey right now, but if they ever release this one , I'm getting it. LOVE THEM MICE.

I'm hoping to post some update photos this evening. I am working late tonight. The theatre just opened our Christmas musical, and so I'm seeing it this evening. If not tonight, tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have luv the mice too since my grandmother luvs mice I have always had my eye out for the patterns. So cool that we can get them now!

Pumpkin said...

I say go for it :o)

Louise said...

I love mice too!!!
*waving* Hi Rachel!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls