Followers

12 November 2009

Thank for humoring me

I appreciate all the comments about my post yesterday. I admit, it's not my normal way to share stories like that, and I wasn't sure that anyone would want to read it, but it was something I needed to say. Especially, since back when I was going through all the bad times, I didn't think it was right to let my personal life intrude that much on this blog. I know better now.

Anyway . . . my fiance forgot it was our anniversary. He claims I forgot to tell him. I guess when I said, "Hey, our anniversary is next Wednesday, will you be OK if I don't get you a gift?", that wasn't precise enough. It's OK, he's had a lot on his mind lately, and I forgot til after I had gone to the store that I needed a card for him. He seemed much more upset by forgetting it than I was. He said he'd get me a card and we'd open them together. To be honest, it's just a holding anniversary. As long as he doesn't forget the REAL one next October, we're good. And, even then, as long as he shows up to the church and says "I do," and I get to dance with him, the other stuff is cake.

I have been stitching this week, but nothing very substantial. I keep jumping around on projects and putting a few stitches in each. I've worked on Summer Ball a bit, but I kept getting to places I needed the colors that I robbed back to finish the Forever Friends bears, having stolen them in the first place. And then I jumped to Boo Club. I'm working on EEK! right now. My frog looks a bit odd, since my skein of Forest Glade has a lot of brown in it. He's not ugly, just motley. But he's cute. And I also started another new project, though, in my defense, it's a Christmas ornament set and therefore seasonal. They are animal ornaments from the December 2007issue of Cross Stitch Gold. They're very cute, groups of animals--woodland, farm, housepets, and arctic animals--watching Santa fly over. So cute! I'll try to post photos, if not today then tomorrow night. I broke out a piece of Silkweavear Smoky Blue fabric from my second to last Secret Sister to stitch them on. I figure a set ought to go on the same fabric, right? I'll probably back them a bit differently, more in line with what's on the front, but the color makes it look like dusk is falling when Santa flies over. A good thing!

3 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Being forgiving and loving them in spite of their ability to remember an anniversary is a must!

Sounds like you've got lots of stitchy stuff going on. Looking forward to pics.

kimstitch3 said...

I"m glad the two of you were able to move past it. Love,Kimberly

Pumpkin said...

LOL! The main one is the important one ;o) To be honest, I know I met my DH in September but I can't remember the actual day now.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls