Followers

11 September 2012

Dang Frog

Everything I stitched on Saturday, I had to frog. Apparently . . . 221 and 355 look a lot alike when I am tired. Can we say I was quite annoyed with myself ? Stitching time is so precious to me now, and having to redo it, arrgghhh.

It's too bad we can't just frog out all the problems in our lives. I know I haven't been posting too much, less than I should be, really. In addition to Babygirl, who is asleep by 9 every night, we've been dealing with some other issues that, quite honestly, scare me. Not health-related, but imposing none the less. We may be looking at moving in the next year, unless things radically improve for Left-brain's business, and I don't know if that is going to happen. I am trying to help as best I can; I don't have brawn, but I do have the good brain God gave me, and those marketing skills I learned in my college arts admin classes, and I spend enough time on the computer that I am using that dubious talent, but I don't know if that is enough. I don't want to leave our house, I especially don't want to pull Kaydence out of her school, but if it has to be that way, it has to be. I keep reminding myself that, as long as we have our health, we can get more things later on. Heck, wasn't it too weeks ago I was complaining about having more things than space to put them? 

I hesitated posting this, since it is personal, but .  . . I know we're not alone, and I know we didn't get here because we're stupid or lazy, and so what good would having shame about the issue do? I just have to take it one day at a time, and keep going. I've done that before. I tell you what, though, if we come through Hell without the Devil even knowing we're there, or at least barely noticing us, I'm not letting this happen again.


7 comments:

Annie said...

You guys seem so resourceful and have so much love for each other. I feel like you can make everything come out right. Sending big hugs.

riona said...

This economy has been rough on a great many people, most of whom are quite blameless, hard-working, prudent people who are simply caught in the backwash of reckless and irresponsible behavior by banks and financiers and corporate officers and government types. My husband has a T-shirt that says it all: "Where's my bail-out?" Apparently the innocent don't merit a bail-out, only the culpable are entitled to that!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Sorry you had all that frogging going on. Good thoughts going your way for you hubby's business.

Cathy said...

It sounds like you're dealing with it in a good way. And there's no shame in it - stuff happens. In the 31 years my husband and I have been married, we've had many speed bumps of the job kind. It might sound trite, but that phrase "when one door closes, another one opens" is mostly true. Just keep enjoying each day with your beautiful baby.
Cathy

Meari said...

Sorry to hear about the frogging and your financial issues. Yep, you have your health and that beautiful baby girl. :) Hang in there.

Shebafudge said...

Sorry to hear about your worries. Many people are finding times tough at the moment and it is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. I keep hoping things will change but am not particularly hopeful.

Sweet Shadow said...

you are not at all alone. and we will get through this.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls