Followers

07 July 2009

Back to reality

My vacation is over. Blah . . . . I could so be a lady of leisure. Not that I was that leisurely the whole weekend. I ran errands yesterday. We needed dog food the day that the nearest Tractor Supply ran out of Bitty Bones, so I had to go driving to find one that had them in-stock. I know that we could have bought a small bag of something else to tide the Mongrel Horde over til the shipment came in, but I hate switching their food, and I am too cheap to buy a smaller bag, not when the big bag is a better value. At least I found it. And I got my workout chunking 100 pounds of food into the backseat, and then putting 75 of it in the container for the big boys.

Our 4th of July was nice, other than the beach issues. Despite a town ordinance against fireworks, the entire neighborhood seemed to have them. Our neighbor down the street put off a perfectly lovely and fairly professional display for over an hour and a half. I choose to remain silent on our participation in the festivities, but I figure this, if it's illegal to set them off in the town, why are they so available? And really, wouldn't it make sense to have the people setting them off work with the fire department to make sure they're doing it safely? But, that said, we didn't see a police car all night, even though the mayor and half the police force in the county live in my neighborhood, so I guess it must be one of those ordinances they ignore. At least we didn't see an ambulance, either, so neighbor guy did a good job. Of course, the dog was terrified. Shocka wanted me to hold him. He is too big to hold, so I put him to bed.

I started SO's Christmas ornament after the festivities, while our July 4th pizza was cooking, LOL. It's the Imaginating ornament from the 2006 JCS. Very cute. I bought some of the finishing supplies yesterday at Jo-ann's, but I told SO he has to come help pick out the fabric, since I don't have a lot of red and green Christmas stuff in my fabric stash, and he can not just pick a random fabric. I told him to be prepared to go to quilt store. He gave me such a look. But he'll go. We are a team.

2 comments:

riona said...

Isn't it great to have a SO so secure in his masculinity that he will enter a quilt shop? My husband went to the local Joanne's for me over the holiday ... or more accurately, tried to ... it was no longer at the Palisades Mall. Now, with the exception of the Happy Quilter which only carries cottons, I have to go 40 miles South or 40 miles North for any of the other fabrics I like to use in my finishing: velvets, mattress ticking, corduroys, sateens. Curses!*&%#@*

Annie said...

Such nice weather right now... Doesn't seem right for the holiday to be over.

I like that ornie your stitching. It's very cute. I can see why your SO selected it.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls