Followers

16 July 2009

A brief pause in our scheduled programming

6750 days


I came across this blog posting in my rambles this morning. I had been enjoying snarky posts--please forgive me, I have been up since 5:15, worried I would forget that SO asked me to let the dogs out through the back door and not through the garage, like usual, because he sealed the driveway yesterday (perhaps the early hour is why I was a leetle bit too loud when I begged Shocka to get off the counter he had jumped up on and while I admonished Beazer to NOT EVEN think about going back to bed with his daddy) and, if it weren't for the early morning snarky blogs, I would be asleep. Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise to come across this blog post.

No wonder parenting is so hard. Such a short, sweet amount of time to set a foundation for a life.

I hope, if the time comes, I make the most of them . . .

2 comments:

Andrea said...

And those days go by way faster than you think they will! My kids are all adults now and it seems like just yesterday, they were babies. I know it's an old cliche, but it's really true.
You already have a great outlook on parenting...which means you're ahead of the game!

Pumpkin said...

Yup, your life changes forever!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls