I finally had some free time this weekend. I had the day off Sunday to go to a bridal show (which, by the way, if you don't have a huge budget, already have a photographer, and are on a diet, is a complete waste of time), and HTB went pitcrewing for his buddy, so I was all by myself. And out came the glue and fabric.
I posted the other day how I found a new way to finish ornaments from the back of JCS. I wanted to try sliding the stitched piece over the foamcore. It seemed so simple. It was worth a try.
I'm glad I didn't try it with an ornament I really cared about.
It looks awful. To the point that I thought about tearing it apart and stuffing it. I didn't do it though. I didn't want to waste the foamcore. I don't know what went wrong. I also tore part of one of the seams. Which made me MAD. AS. HECK.
The only good thing that may have come from it was that I figured out how to get around my issue with the hangers. I was wandering around the jewelry section and found small pins (there is probably another term for these, but I don't make jewelry so I don't know) with a loop on the end. I gently stuck one of those down in the foamcore and it worked! Woo hoo!