Followers

23 February 2012

Working our way through the week

The best-lain plans seem to fall apart. I pulled out Summer Ball to work on this week for UFO week, made great progress Saturday while doing laundry (I know I was supposed to do other things too, but it was a lot of laundry, and, after sorting through the mound, I didn't feel like doing too much else, unless you count putting all my finishing fabric together as cleaning. I traded out the tub I had it in for a clear one, and it mostly all fits now. And I swear I'm staying out of the fabric store for a while), not so much on Sunday, and then none on Monday. We had to be at the hospital at 8AM for the appointment, and the hospital is in the county we grew up in, 50 miles away. I was not going to haul my makeshift stitching bag for Summer Ball down there, keep track of it in the waiting room, and then try to get it home in one piece. NOT HAPPENING. So I took a book instead. I stitched a little when I got home on Monday, ignored it Tuesday, then brought it to work yesterday as a lunch project.

It's coming along. The three gentlemen in the right of the center section have heads, center guy even has a body. I'm sure that pleases him immensely, as it must be uncomfortable to be a disembodied head, particularly at a party. I backstitched the center girl in the blue dress' face, and I am quite pleased. It's very fiddly backstitching, like Margaret Sherry does, and I am glad I am not doing this on aida, but the detail on her face is extraordinary. She actually looks like one of the actresses from a BBC production, so worth the extra bit of effort to make sure the stitching is perfect. I promise to show you a picture of what I mean tonight--I am going straight home to take pictures.

Thank you for your kind thoughts about Sue. She will be missed, but she is free from pain and worry, and that is the most important thing in all this.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Can't wait to see a picture of Summer Ball, even though you describe it really well! I can almost see that picture in my head Right now, it is a pretty lady in a gorgeous blue dress talking to a levitating head while sipping on a coctail... LOL

Pumpkin said...

Can't wait to see your progress on this piece.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls