30 May 2012

Another update, will try to get photos later today

I know I haven't been around still this week.

Things are going a bit better. We spent the majority of the morning Friday at the hospital, waiting to be seen. That appointment went really well. Babygirl looks fine, a little slow to do her practice breathing (at least to cat-nervous mama), but I think that was because she was in the well between breakfast and when our snack kicked in, and the tech said they don't practice all the time. She didn't seem concerned, so I'm not concerned. My BP was normal, 120/70. I keep telling the doctor it's only high in his office, other than that, it's normal.

We gathered in the last few bits and pieces for her. Left-brain is completely in love with his her new video baby monitor. I'm happy because, for the first time since I became an adult and started acquiring them for penning various members of the extended Mongrel Horde, I own a BRAND-NEW baby gate (don't baby gates for pets seem like kittens, no one ever actually pays for one, you just get them from someone who had a extra, and you're never quite sure what make it is, or if it's a good deal, you just hope you made the right choice?)  I folded all her clothes up and put them in her drawer/bin thing. Mom is planning on bringing her a little swing, and her little diaper cake from her baby shower is on my dining room table as our centerpiece. How appropriate my house is patriotic/baby right now!

I even found a little time over the weekend to plant some flowers. Lowes had lovely red white and purple petunias in hanging baskets and in individual packs, and some other patriotic planters. So, very careful to go out before it got hot, I got some.  Left-brain put up the bunting I bought on the front landing (he was trying to redeem himself for accidentally pulling up the tulip bulbs in my pot because he thought the plants were "done", the bulb came up with the stem, and they looked orange and shriveled--God love my husband, he is a left-brain man), and, along with the other "flare" we have out there, it looks very patriotic.

On the stitching front, I have been making progress. I FINISHED ICEY!  On Monday, courtesy of the "Band of Brothers" marathon. I spent 4 hours beading, without a beading needle, just a quilting needle.  Tedious, that was. I am so glad to have this finished. I still have to wind all the floss that was left over, but it feels wonderful to have a large UFO done. I had begun to think I just didn't have the ability to complete them in me anymore, but this feels awesome.

To celebrate, I picked up "Liberty", the June 2008 SNN kit. I had started it the day it came back then, but IIRC, that was the day one of those monster early summer thunderstorms came through the DC area, and no one had power. I know I started it sitting outside Mom's house, but it was too hot and steamy to sit there, the power wasn't coming back on anytime soon, so I put it away, decamped for Crazyville, and never picked it back up.  I'd like to get it done before the baby gets here, and it seems to be going fast, so that may be doable.

I will try to post pictures of everything tonight, I'm just trying to play catch up on all the stuff that doesn't get done when I am at the doctor.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow - I am so impressed to you spent all that time beading - can't wait to see the pics!
I am even more impressed that you worked out in the garden. I was using the heat-wave (over the 90s here in town over the weekend) as an excuse to further neglect my weed infested garden... LOL

Good to hear that you both are doing well and that the appointment went better this time. Take care.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls