Followers

14 March 2015

More updates

I hope everyone is having a good month. I still lack a computer, but it's on my buying schedule. We've been pretty busy lately. We are having some work done on the house, replacing all the windows and doors. This winter has been exhaustingly cold in our house--wind and vaulted ceilings are a terrible combination when your windows are horrible, and whoever had this house before us had a dog who scratched the CARP out of our back door and destroyed it. We realized things were coming to a head last summer when our daughter kept picking up pieces of the decaying door off the deck and showing them to us, but finally took the plunge. Hopefully, when we go to sell the house, it will be worth it.

I pulled this out this week to work on.

I'm embarrassed that this is taking me so long.  I have been watching Youtube videos and decided to try the parking technique, even though I don't know what to do when I get to the end of the column.   I'll figure it out. I really want to get this done by Someone Small's 3rd birthday.

And my finish for the week:
Clara's Skating Sampler, 1891
Sampler Girl
stitched with recommended threads on 32 count evenweave

I really loved this pattern, but it took much longer to stitch than I thought it would, and it's very big. 13 inches wide! I will make it into a pillow to be displayed next winter, but I still haven't found the right fabric. Maybe when we get our tax refund . . . 

I also completed organizing my DMC floss into the photo boxes. It was a 6 month process, because it got very discouraging at times. but I got it done last month, and am so pleased.  Now, I can see exactly what floss I have available, and I've only had to buy 2 skeins of floss lately. 

I'm also going to try really hard to stick to the stash wagon for the year. Money is tight, at least for now, and I need to not spend unless necessary. I have so many lovely things to stitch, and now is not the time to put my money into S.E.X. Heck, if I just worked on my Mirabilias, My Daughters Eyes, and Santa, that would last me til summer.  So, I'll stick to my little box of "must-stitch" projects, pull something else out when I can't find anything to suit me and kit from stash. 

So that's all that's going on around here. 

2 comments:

Justine said...

Great finish and such a pretty WIP you're working on. Shopping from your stash sounds like a great idea.

Robin in Virginia said...

Way to go on getting your DMC organized! Congratulations on your finish and the progress on your WIP!

Robin in Virginia

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls