Followers

14 April 2019

My handsome boy



I don't think I have posted a photo of this guy in a while. He just had his spring school pics taken. Other than his hair, which I swear was nice when he left the house--he was all spiky, he looks so adorable in this picture. They gave us the information about the backdrops they were using, which helped immensely in picking out his outfit. And it doesn't hurt that he LOVES wearing a bowtie--he is such a little gentleman in that way. I found it at Walmart, and that makes up for them taking away the little bit of cross stitch they had. He is doing so well. He just finished his speech therapy--6 months ago, all he could say was "Mama," "Dada", "Sissy" "Dimi (Granny)" and "Mick" for Mickey Mouse. Now he talks about as well as his sister did at the same age--I put him in the car the other day and he asked where Granny was and if "Unca Yuke" (my brother) was at home. So I think the therapy was success. I am still, always, so grateful for the prayers and good thoughts that were sent for him. He is so healthy and strong and we are so blessed.


I seem to have lost my stitching bug the last few weeks. I had some medical issues that were causing me stress, but, after going to my doctor, everything is OK. I am relieved; one day, I drove to work, just crying over the whole thing. I ended up doing a lot of reading instead. And that's OK. This isn't a race. This is the only thing I have finished that I took a picture of. It's one of the snowflakes Sanman did one year for Christmas. I did this with Coloris floss by DMC. It's nothing major, just a pretty little finish. I like the color a lot, and am going to look for a small snowflake charm to put in the middle.

I decided this was going to be the year I stopped feeling sorry for myself and wallowing in my past, to start taking care of myself in a meaningful way. To rise, as it were. Going to the doctor actually has been part of that plan, since I didn't ever care if I stepped back into a doctor's office after having Lolo. . I promised myself that I would get all my checkups done,  get my teeth cared for again, get new glasses, since my eyes were last checked in 2002. I'm still working on that one, but my teeth have been worked on, and one of my doctor appointments is done. I was terrified to go in, but the doctor realized what was happening and he's working with me. I have a few more things to do to get my health back under control, but I am getting there. Small battles win wars.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. If I don't post back next weekend, have a safe and happy Easter or Passover.

3 comments:

MntLover said...

Lolo is so handsome! I am glad you are taking care of yourself. Having been down for an extended period of time, Taking care of yourself is the best thing to get back on track and better than before! I will continue to pray for your family.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your son is such a cutie, Rachel. I am thrilled to hear that he is doing so well. Your snowflake is sweet and I love the thread color you used. Good for you on taking care of yourself in a meaningful way! Thinking of you as you take this journey and you are so right about the small battles winning the war.

Meari said...

Happy Easter, Rachel. Adorable photo of Lolo. Glad to hear you're taking care of your health.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls