Followers

17 October 2019

Greetings from a very windy Crazyville

This month is flying by so fast. So far, we have celebrated Lolo's 3rd birthday (he insists he is 4), and our 9th anniversary. Where has the time gone? We still have candles left over over from the reception; I started burning them last week. Not sure why I was keeping 40 votive candles, but they still smell nice, and it was time. I spent all week decorating the inside of the house, and Left-brain put up our outdoor display. We had a frenzied run to Walmart on Monday because two of the blowups wouldn't blow up this year. I hate that! Next week will be the Halloween parties and trick or treating for the kids. This is my favorite time of the year, after all.

The year of stitching spookily is moving along. I have worked on 5 projects so far this month and have two finishes:

Pumpkins
Designs by Barbara Ana
design kitted up by my LNS with GAST threads

My LNS kitted up this design, which was a freebie through Creative Poppy in 2014. The designer doesn't remember it. I have passed my copy on. It was a fun little stitch. I want to have a bigger fall tree, or else festoon my banister with opulent garland and place my fall ornaments down the length of it with some twinkly lights. This would be cute. 



Fall
Brittercup Designs freebie
kitted up by my LNS with called-for threads and various buttons.

This is a little kit my LNS did in 2008. Y'all, I managed not to lose the buttons for 11 years. I am so proud of myself!  It was a very fast stitch and will be another design made into an ornament. 


We went on a ghost tour the first Friday night of the month. It didn't feel like October here in Maryland. The whole week was in the mid-90s, and then that day, fall arrived. We went on a nice walk around the county seat, and ended at our old jail. The tour guide said strange things happen in this building all the time, and we were allowed to walk around in the basement. They have set up a cell so you could see what it was like. When this cell was in use, for the majority of the time, it was miserable. You got food,but the only time you got a blanket was if your family provided it, and a candle was a rare luxury. It was a place of despair. I walked in the cell and got a terrible feeling like you get when you look at a bad car accident, like you don't need to be looking at that. I snapped a picture, and this is what I got.



My cell phone is brand-new--I am not bragging, the old one died and I had to get a new one a month or so ago, just pointing out that it can't be malfunctioning. The camera is good. That is not a fingerprint on the lens. The room was fairly dim, and there was not light coming in from outside. On the bed is a dummy. What is by the dummy's foot? There was nothing like that in room and no explanation for the source. Just something kind of crazy and slightly spooky. What do you think?

1 comment:

Vicky said...

I have visited a decommissioned prison at night that was built by convicts and the photos I took all came out with some type of orb thing floating in them.....I

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls