Followers

10 August 2009

Back to the grind

Back to normal life today.

No more sleeping in til 7:30 or watching A Haunting on Discovery. BUMMER! I was starting to feel so domestic. The bigboys were confused to see me get in the car this morning. They had this look like, "Aren't you going to stay with us, and feed us cookies? What gives, woman?"

I really didn't get a lot accomplished on my vacation, though. Except finishing the pretty Elegance of the Orient. I'm about half-done putting the sewing room to rights. I did get quite a bit done, though. The new drawers are in, with stuff in them. I have all my tiny little charts in one drawer, fabric in another. And I went through my duffel bags from moving. I threw out a bunch of old ratty stuff, moaned about the amount of money I used to spend on Victoria's Secret jammies, and then put the rest of the stuff away.

We did get a bit of a getaway. SO's family went camping in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania this weekend and invited us up to go on a train ride and to hang out. It was a lot of fun. The train ride was pretty, and the kids liked it a lot. We had a pleasant afternoon watching the buggies go up and down the road. SO and I took a walk around the campground, looking at campers, since we want one. We figured out what we don't want--a Winnebago, since we'd have to tow my car along if we wanted to go anywhere when we camped, or a huge trailer. One of the ones we were in was, and I am not kidding, bigger than one of my friends' apartment, and didn't feel like camping. So we know we want something a bit cozier, preferably with hard sides, so as to keep the ponies out of the camper, LOL. We tried some homemade root beer. Definitely not like what you get in a store. SO thought it tasted like cough syrup, which he hates. I thought it tasted like regular beer, which I hate, but it smelled like cough syrup. Yesterday, we toasted with some regular old, factory made root beer.

I did get some other stitching worked on. While going through my stuff, I found a Lizzie Kate, "I Love My Cat". I started that one a while ago, put 20 stitches in, and shoved in a box. I made good progress on that Friday night. I also started a little kitted up freebie, "You Lucky Dog," that is fun to work on. And I pulled out Sheepish Designs' "Betsy", that I started last year maybe? I discovered I had done a decent amount of stitching on it before I shoved it away, but I realized I had made an error and then had to frog a bit. It's OK, it's on the list to be stitched now. Along with the other two I just mentioned, the Arab by White Willow Stitching that I have been intimidated by, and a couple Halloween ones. That should take me through the end of the year. Maybe . . .

3 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Sounds like you got lots done to me. All that organizing will make it easier to sit and stitch now. CJ ok;-)

Julie M said...

Sorry your vacation is over. It's hard to go back to the real world isn't it? Sounds like you enjoyed your time off and got a lot done!

CindyMae said...

It is always hard to have to return to the real world after a nice vacation. Sounds like you got a lot done to me!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls