Followers

19 August 2009

It's time to clean off the desktop

I'm getting a new laptop at work, so they can move us over to working from home (which would be utterly completely awesome if it happens, but I am not holding my breath), so I am going through the stuff I saved on my desktop and getting rid of it. It's kind of a good time to start deciding what projects I want to stitch for my "Year of Stitching Freebily" project, so not a bad thing.

One of the projects I've decided to finally undertake is to stitch a series I printed off Pam Kellogg's website in the summer of 1999 (what an appropriate post after my hoarding post of yesterday). They were a series of calendar cats. I have always planned on doing them on handtowels, but somehow, in the last 10 years, never actually found time to do them. I look at them occasionally and think, "Wow, I printed those off when I was looking for a Schipperke puppy and I still haven't done them. I ROCK." Well, I did do one, but that was because it was someone's round robin project. But I think I will finally make them a priority. Of course, they're not on her website anymore, LOL. But that's the plan, as soon as I get 12 of those hand-towels with the aida center section on them. I could probably dye a few to get a little bit of a different feel to them. I have to think on this, but not long, or else I'll find something else to stitch.

I'm almost finished my S&BF Fall Cat Sampler. Oh, la, the problems. Some evil human being--me--stuck a skein of WDW Mascara in the envelope during a cleaning fit. When I picked it up the other day, I didn't check my floss. Because WHO ON EARTH would put a totally random skein of black overdyed in a project that used another color of black over-dyed floss by the same manufacturer? I have two different colors of black Weeks floss in the cat's tail and in the Raven. But I don't care. I'm not picking it out. You can tell, but it's one of those things that no one is really going to point out, and I'm leaving it. I don't know if I'll have enough of this skein of ocean for the sampler lettering. I had an entire skein, but it doesn't look like enough. And the chances that I'll find a skein that matches three years after I bought this one? Slim to none. But I'll make it work. I'll try to post a photo, at least by Friday night. We're off to the fair tonight, and I have to work late tomorrow night, so Friday it will be.

Oh, if you have the chance, read Julie and Julia: my year of cooking dangerously. Yes, the book that the movie is based on. If you don't know, it's about a woman who was seeking an outlet and decided to cook her way through Julia Child's The Art of Mastering French Cooking. And she blogged about it. I'm not the whole way through it yet, but it's good so far. The cooking parts are a bit different, and I won't be buying The Art of Mastering French Cooking. Because I'm not poaching eggs in red wine, and I don't eat organ meat. I consider it enough of an accomplishment that I cooked shrimp last night, and, thus far, seem to have not developed food poisoning (although the day is young). But what I find to be interesting are her thoughts on writing, particularly blogging. How she felt she couldn't let her readers down by not blogging while she was moving the week of the first anniversary of September 11th, how good it felt to get comments. It's kinda neat to read that and compare to how I feel about blogging and writing. And, I'll admit, steaks cooked in butter sound AWESOME.

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls