Followers

30 December 2009

End of the year stitching . . .

I am working like a dog getting the last few stitches into my final finish for 2009. We had a great at home date night last night and watched "Pearl Harbor." We saw bits and blips of it on A&E this year and it seemed good, so I bought the DVD for DF. Ben Affleck is my celebrity crush. DF loved Kate Beckinsale in the Underworld movies. Apparently the movie is not exactly historically accurate, but that doesn't matter to me; if I wanted to see something completely factual, I'd watch a documentary (which I do a lot). I think seeing war played out so personally makes it more real; I never appreciated what my uncle Frank went through in the Battle of the Bulge til we watched "Band of Brothers" last month. And this made Pearl Harbor "real-er" to me.

A three-hour movie gives you plenty of time to stitch!

I may give you a hint of what I almost have finished tonight! :)

2 comments:

Meari said...

I was reading your post thinking who is DF -- Dear Fiance. Duh. LOL You threw me off. Glad you liked the movie. I did too. Looking forward to seeing your final stitch of 2009.

Happy 2010!

Kathy A. said...

Did you finish it?
Happy New Year girl. Wishing you many wonderful stitches in the new year.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls