Followers

03 December 2009

Not much stitching occurring

I'm in the middle of a very busy stretch here (but then again, we all are). My best friend is coming to visit me a week from today, and I have to get the sewing room converted over temporarily to a guest room, so I've been boxing stuff up and taking it to the garage, so that the couch can be pulled out and she can actually move in the room. This weekend, I sing at a Christmas party, we are going to try to drive to Sharpsburg for the Memorial Illumination if the snow they are calling for holds off, and then either working or going for a family event on Sunday. I've been to the Illumination before, and it was beautiful, but they don't have it if it snows (we had a slippery snowfall last year on the day it was supposed to be and I had to work the next week), so I want to go. Plus, we have to clean the house up, and work. But it will be so much fun to see B! I haven't seen her in two years, and I can't wait! And then the next week is pretty packed with stuff to do. If I can just get through til the 19th, it will be easier. And next year, hopefully, I can afford to request lighter hours at my part time job so that everything gets done and the holidays are what they're supposed to be.

I am going to try to get some ornaments finished before Christmas. I got my small white tree from my mom yesterday and bought some aqua/tealy and copper colored ornaments to go on it along with my stitched ornaments. Now to figure out where to put it, since it's a bit bigger than last year's tree and we have become a plant rescue this year and there is a large bamboo plant where the tree was. We'll make it fit. I'm keeping the other tree, even though it's not exactly pretty, we can surely find a use for it somewhere. The only reason I'm not still using it is because my mom was asking me to come get this white one, and I have more stitched ornaments this year.

4 comments:

Meari said...

Wow, you are indeed are going to busy! Enjoy your visit with your friend :)

CindyMae said...

I hope you and your friend have a wonderful visit and enjoy a great time!

MsB said...

I getting excited to! :) Wub u!

but, you know it's been about 3 1/2 years.. not 2. wowzers! We gotta do this more often! :)

Pumpkin said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend. You must be so excited :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls