Followers

09 December 2009

Rearranged my sewing room

and I like it.

Actually, I didn't do the arranging. HTB did that yesterday since he didn't have any jobs to go on. My sewing room is cozy, and when we pulled out the couch for B to use, it was a bit too cozy. B wouldn't have been able to move, let alone turn the light on and off--the light switch does not work, has not worked since he bought the house, so you have to manually turn the light on, an annoyance when I come reeling into the room, half asleep, in the dead of winter, trying to find clothes. So he moved the couch around. It's now in front of my window, facing the closet. The light falls in over my shoulder now, which should make it a more pleasant place to stitch. The only thing I don't know about is that it's over the air vent, but I think, if we move it forward a bit, it should be OK.

The house is almost ready for B to visit. We made up the bed last night. HTB was so worried that the pull out mattress wouldn't be soft enough for her, so he put the one from the futon on, for which I am grateful, because that sucker is too heavy for me to carry and throw on there. We have all new bedding for her; Mom bought new flannel sheets to replace ones she lost, I bought new pillows, and I put the reindeer quilt we bought at the church rummage sale across the bottom of the bed for a festive feel. My Christmas Bearington Bears are on there to welcome her--B likes bears. HTB even hung one of my cross stitched pictures up because the walls felt a bit bare. I have to tell you, it was so cozy in there, I almost wanted to take a nap, LOL.

I will try to take some pictures tonight to show what I've been busy doing. I got the beads to finish Fa La La yesterday, so that will get done. I started a quilt square for an online friend from an old LK freebie on Monday night, and that should be done today at lunch. And of course, you must see the fabulous Sewing Suite at the Hotel New Windsor, your home for the holidays!

3 comments:

Chiloe said...

Can't wait to see the pics! It must be nice to have the light in the back to stitch ;-)

I have a giveaway in my blog for Chtistmas : stop by to enter ;-) ( a $56 value !!!) Good luck!

Meari said...

Glad to hear your sewing room is ready and that you like it. :)

Pumpkin said...

Ohhhh, can't wait to see pics :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls