It feels like it's been forever since I posted a finish. But, last night, during the Pats-Packers game, I managed to put the last stitches in my My Little Heart SAL.
I did a lot more customizing on this than I originally planned, especially on the bottom row. Not only is May now used as October's chart, but the color of the hearts changed. The top row used 3801 as charted, which was great because we need a pop of color in spring, then summer used the hot 321 red, but I changed out the bottom row to 815, for a more muted fall palette. This meant I had to change the owl's leaves to 918. They were originally 606, a hot orange. It hurt my eyes to see that pop of orange, but I think 918 looks better and fits more with the colors. I also did some customizing on December's chart. I didn't like having a word on it, because there aren't words anywhere else on the piece. So I spent the better part of the weekend at work, tossing around ideas while we were slow between patrons. I thought about moving the heart up top and putting a cross in the space inside the stable, but my co-worker suggested I put a star up there, so I came up with a really simple star. I like it.
And the entire piece. It feels good to get this done before Christmas. Now I have a few days to work on something small.
If I don't post between now and then, Happy Solstice and Merry Christmas!