Followers

09 March 2011

I will never catch up

Barring losing both my jobs, I will never catch up with the LHN ornaments. I'm not even finished Cardinals' Winter, I just got the envelope with the second one for the year, and Diane has posted the third one on her blog. What is a girl to do?

http://littlehouseneedleworks.blogspot.com/

She gives a good little demonstration of how she does her French knots on the same post. This is actually the way I make mine after many years of trial and error, including what I like to refer to as my "let's tie a knot in the thread on top, pull it back through and tie it off in the back, no one will know the difference" period, during a time in college when I was rocking miniskirt suits and belly shirts, altogether a time of poor judgement. Anywho, my French knots turn out right 99% of the time with this method, so if you're a bit shaky when it comes to your knotting "skillz", check it out.

Like I said, I'm still plugging away at Cardinal's Winter. I think I can get it done by the end of the day, but I'm not holding my breath. I got the Anchor Marlitt I ordered for Icy from Sewandso in the mail yesterday. I feel a lot better knowing it's here, in my posession, since it was not easy to find. I'd like to get the entire project done by the month, but, since I'm only working on it when I have long stretches of uninterrupted time, it's hard to say that's possible. But it does move fairly quickly when I have the time to work on it. I am starting to think about what kind of frame I want on it, what kind of mats (this needs mats, definitely), so I know it's getting there.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I think I must not have been meant to do French Knots. I've tried all methods, 1 strand, 2 strand, one wrap, two wraps, colonial knot, inserting needle in same hole, inserting in nearby hole, keeping knot close to fabric etc... No two knots are the same size and about 30% pull through to the back side in every case. Glad to know somebody finds Diane's tips useful.

Siobhán said...

I know what you mean. I'm still in the thinking stage for the last year's set of ornaments! So much for my grand plan of being ahead this year. I need to get with it. I usually do colonial knots instead of French knots but must try again--I haven't tried a FK in years.

Can't wai to see your Cardinal's Winter!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls