Followers

04 March 2011

This week's progress

Friday is finally here, and I don't know about you, but I'm glad this week is over. March has truly come in like a lion, if not so much in weather, it's an emotional lion.

I did manage to get some work done on Icy. I know now that one strand of Marlitt would have given adequate coverage on my 28 count, but I've got so much done in two strands, I have to keep going. Fortunately, I ordered more from Sewandso in England. It's on its way, so I think I'll be OK on that.



He is so large that pictures that fit all the piece don't show the detail, and the "pretty" of this is in the detail.



I also worked on LHN's Cardinal's Winter. I am substituting some of the colors out so it coordinates better with a particular backing fabric I have, and also because I didn't have one of the CC it called for. I switched out Roasted Chestnut for Bunny Honey, and I think it works well with the cooler colors. I know the border is GAST, from one of those Loose Thread packs they used to sell. I had been holding onto those threads for a long time, but, as part of my general push this year to be a better steward of my many blessings in life, I decided it was time to use the threads, and not keep them in a bag, without purpose. I am not sure which color it is. I used another color blue for the word Tweet, but I think I'm going to frog that and use the border color.



It's stitched on silver sparkly aida from Charles Craft. I think it's turning out pretty well, all in all.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Hopefully, next week will be better than this.

6 comments:

riona said...

Nice progress on the Ice Dragon and I look forward to seeing more of your Winter Cardinal

Kathy A. said...

Ice Dragon is coming along beautifully.
Winter Cardinal is a nice change. I love the little bunny.

Daffycat said...

Bunny Honey...I just love the names they come up with!!!

You asked about the designer of the pincushion in my TUSAL post ~ I have no idea! The pillow was a gift from a friend in France. I will try and see if she remembers.

Stitchinowl said...

Great progress on your Ice Dragon - an appropriate piece for this cold and snowy winter. Winter Cardinal is very pretty. I don't like stitching on sparkly fabric, but love the end result!
Carolyn

Measi said...

So many wonderful progress photos!

I found your blog via the TUSAL thread on Daffycat's blog. Just wanted to pop by and say hi. I've added you to my Google Reader... looking forward to seeing your future progress.

Siobhán said...

Wonderful progress! I love the cardinal design.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls