Followers

28 August 2011

Goodbye, Irene

Irene is leaving us this morning. So far, it was not too bad for us. It started blowing and raining at around noon, when I decamped to my mother's house. It didn't get too bad here til 9PM, when the wind really picked up. Robbie spent the evening barking at the wind (this must be something genetic with Schipperkes, all of my Schips have had the wierd habit of spinning, goggle-eyed around, stiff-legged jumping, barking at NOTHING, after a while, it gets a bit . . . tedious.). Chancey just gave him a look, but she was doing it this morning, so . . .

My mom's house seemed to weather the storm OK. There were some branches down; I stacked those as best I could. We never lost power, which is AMAZING considering she has PEPCO--if you've ever lived in the DC area and had the misfortune to go through a storm, you'll understand, it doesn't take much to lose power with them. We did lose cable, and her air conditioner didn't seem to work right, but I can go without cable to have power.

Especially because Left-brain texted me at 2:15 to tell me the steps on our deck were gone. A branch came down and took them out. He was OK with it, though. Better the steps than for it to come through the roof. And we need to replace the deck anyway. Once I heard that, I didn't feel like sleeping. So I sat up and read, and stitched. I finished my Beazer picture while I was sleepless. It looks OK. I even managed to put his hip-heart on there. It's not a masterpiece, but it's pretty stinking cute! I will post a picture later. I can do this now. Left-brain bought me a new laptop and it's so much nicer than the old PC.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
That good that you did not get much bad weather!!!! Congralulations on your new laptop I bet is really exciting :)!!!!!

Kerri said...

Your Beazer project sounds great! Would love to see a photo. Just added myself as a follower and love your blog! Glad you had no serious damage from the storm.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls