Followers

16 December 2011

The Christmas Frog

I thought I was doing really well yesterday, had gotten a good bit of stitching done, then ended up frogging A LOT because I had miscounted. ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH. Frogging silk threads is a tragedy. I could have cried. I think I have it fixed now. Put it this way, I HOPE I have it fixed, I just can't stand to frog those beautiful Belle Soie threads any more.

I know it's been picture-free around here for the last few posts. I am not going to share the ornament that I am working on til I have it finished, and, by finished, I mean, made into an ornament, hanging on our tree. It's a challenge to myself. 2012 is the year I have to stop procrastinating, and this is an exercise in that. And I'm hoping the ornament is worth the wait.

I am determined to get the rest of my holiday prep done tomorrow. I am getting up at my normal time, and heading to the nearest largish city (the one with the Super-Walmart) to get the rest of my holiday shopping done before a lot of people have gotten up. I figure if I can get my food shopping and my gift shopping done early, I can be home, wrapping presents, by 10. Or baking. I know I am trying to keep it low-key, but what would Christmas be without a bit of baking and candy making? Left-brain requested chocolate chip--he loves that I use the milk chocolate chips, not the semi-sweet, and I've got oatmeal butterscotch to make, along with 7-layer cookies, the award-winning Rolo pretzels, and saltine cracker candy. I may even make shortbread, I don't know yet. Left-brain is putting up the tree for me tomorrow afternoon, and I'll decorate it while he's watching the Cowboys play.

And let me tell you about that Beazer! DH's 4 main sports loves are: the Dallas Cowboys, Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball (I converted him after Maryland got bad, it was that or we spend March Madness, not talking to each other), Dale Earnhardt Jr, and the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens are a new thing, mainly since they got really good and we live smack-dab in Ravens territory. We don't have a lot of Ravens things, but I envision converting the bathroom in the mancave to a purple and black mecca to our local team. And we need ornaments for the tree. I bought Left-brain a tiny little Ravens football ornament and put it at the bottom of the bed, on the floor, tucked away. It was a gift from Beazer. Do you know what that dog did one day when I was not home, but Left-brain was? He found the ornament, picked it up, carried it around, and gave it to his father. Left-brain said I should do a better job of hiding presents. Dang dog.

1 comment:

Meari said...

Haha @ Beeazer! That's too funny. Good luck with your holiday preparations. Mine is going to be really LOW key. My shopping is done. No baking. A few hours at the BF's family, and I'm done.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls