Followers

14 July 2014

Santa's Pets progress as of today.



Progress for the week. Not a lot done, but I had to finish "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand and that was pretty much most of the week. Such a great book. I don't read a lot of WW2 military history, but the two books I've read (the other is "Monuments Men," which, as an arts administration major, made me very proud, but also made me realize that there truly is a job for everyone in the military) both have been really excellent. Louie Zamperini died a week or so ago, and they're making a movie of "Unbroken", and so, it was great to read that book.

Santa's Pets is almost halfway done. I now have to stand really far back to get a good photo of it. And from this picture, it looks like a painting. This is why I love cross stitch.  We create dimension and movement with floss. And it still amazes me, after 25 years of doing this art. And the other thing that I've noticed has been a gift of this project is that it's giving me confidence to do the bigger, "scarier" projects, like the HAED and some of the older computer-generated charts I have collected over the years. I'm pretty pleased with myself about that. Not that I'm going to be jumping in and kitting up a bunch of them. But I can do it!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful progress on Santa's Pets. You're right - it does look like a painting.
Cathy
CraftyCat

Honeybee said...

I love that design... I'll be watching your progress. Did you ever finish CEC Sleepy Hollow? I want to start that this fall.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful design. Have enjoyed watching it come to life on the mb. :)

Annie said...

It's so lovely! I'm just in awe of this one!

Carol said...

Really love this one, Rachel!! And I also was amazed at Louie Zamperini's story. He was born in the town where I grew up so I felt a special bond when I read the book.
And we just watched The Monuments Men last night--so interesting.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls