Followers

05 February 2008

I am SOOOO exhausted

Who needs to work out when you can just sort cross stitch magazines. I spent 4, yes 4 hours last night, pulling British magazines from 5 boxes I had stashed them in. I still have one more to go through. I started a box for American magazines, and that is about half full already. Amazing how little space my American magazines take up compared to their British brethren.

AND I FOUND THE MAGAZINE THAT, ALONG WITH THE SQUIRREL KIT, STARTED THIS WHOLE PROJECT. Woo hoo! I would Snoopy-style happy dance for you to show my joy, but I am too tired. Anyway, that takes a load off my heart.

Another good thing is that I found a bunch more charts that I wasn't sure where they were. And some kits. I think those things breed, but I can't be certain. I know I could not have bought all this stuff. I just couldn't have. Oh, wait, this is why I don't own a home. Or a foreign car. I had to pay for all this.

Mom helped me a little by organizing the WOXS magazines. She also kept Robbie-do occupied when he decided that he needed to "help" Mummy. Small dogs are not good organizers, so she held him and petted him. This was a huge help, especially when Nikki (the border collie mix) came in the room, too, to see what was going on. I had to chase her out--plumy tails, little dogs, cats and slick paper are not a combination ideal for succeeding in keeping things neat.

I did decide something important. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, and I am giving up spending frivolously for Lent. I think the one thing I am learning is I don't need ANYTHING. I can go an entire 40 days without purchasing a single cross stitch item, and not make a tiny dent in my stash. And I would be better off for it. It's going to be hard. But it's not just in the stitchy arena. I am not buying the dogs clothes. I am not buying lunch out unless it is for a special occasion, and that does not include, "It's Thursday and we just got paid." I am not buying clothes. I am just going to spend what I need to spend to get through.

So wish me luck.

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Good for you! That will be a challenge from the sounds of it but I know you can do it :o)

Laura said...

Well, well wishes on your stitchy stash organization project. I can only wish that I had that many British magazines.

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

Rachel, hon, good luck! Hey, post a pic of your WIP Stoney Creek Christmas Lighthouse. It's in my To Do Pile !

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls