Followers

17 October 2008

Friday Foolishness and other random stitchy thoughts

The Halloween edition:

I've been following this blog for a few years, at least at Halloween. I think it's pretty cool. It's fun to remember some of the vintage things he talks about. There is some language involved, on occasion, but still it's a pretty fun read.

http://x-entertainment.com/updates/


I started my Secret Santa shopping, at least in regards to my stitching SS. My partner wanted some fabric for a chart she is doing, so I sent her a gift card to pick out whatever she wants. I can't pick fabric for other people. I've realized that, just like it's hard for them to pick for me. I hope she enjoys it.

I came to the sad realization last night that I really truly could stitch on just my UFOs and WIPs for a year. And I would probably not even finish a quarter of them. I have Treaty the fairy in the car now to work on at SOs. (she is the only stash in the car, other than my way cool stitching bag that Mom bought me at Michaels, of which I am very proud of myself. I am trying to keep the car detritus-free, so as to retain the new car smell longer) So why do I keep buying, and I mean that in a general sense, I am being good about buyine new stash. I guess because part of my greedy acquisitive soul worries I will miss out on something and regret it? Like I regret never being able to purchase all those wonderful kits that used to take up 3 aisles at MJDesigns (Michaels bought them out right after I graduated from college, they were an awesome store). I know, that's silly, because I do have enough stuff that I like as much as anything I give up, LOL. The question is, how do I tackle all those UFOs and WIPs? I keep picking them up and puttin em down. My beautiful Stunning irises is on a lap frame, not very convenient for travel, but I want that done. Geisha needs to be done for SO. That may end up being his Christmas present. I don't know. Maybe if I can find a decent standard frame and just have my LNS mount it?

2 comments:

Annie said...

So sorry about the loss of data. Computers can be so frustrating. The fall look is pretty, but I gotta tell you that on my monitor, it's a bear to read. The text is just too light.

Pumpkin said...

I figure that I don't waste money on smoking or drinking so over spending on stitchy stash is totally legit with me ;o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls