Followers

01 October 2008

had a vacation day yesterday

I took yesterday off to go finalize everything on totalling out the car. It wasn't a bad meeting with the adjuster. I found out that I have to keep my insurance going, even if I don't have a car, which I do not have yet, and which is making me really mad. I mean seriously, really mad. I don't enjoy the buying process on a good day, and I work all the time, I don't have time to look. I am still very upset over the comment last week about my two jobs showing I couldn't pay my bills with the one job. SO found a car in my price range, but my mom doesn't "approve" of it. She found another Neon sitting by the side of the road, priced to sell, and wants me to buy that, even though it's always been, "Don't buy cars sitting on the side of the road," despite the fact that SO didn't like riding in mine because he is so tall and the Neon is not built for a tall person. And I am stuck in the middle, trying to figure out how to not piss off either one of them, and I just want to throw up. And I guess, too, I haven't accepted that my car is gone. All I really want is my Neon back and I am pissed that I can't have it. None of which is good.

But I did manage to get the rest of the stuff for my HalloFall exchange partner. I went to my LNS to pick up my issue of the JCS ornament magazine and bought her two skeins of floss. Then went to Walmart and got her a little trick or treat bag, some Halloween Snoopy socks, a little decoration, and a Halloween tee shirt that lights up and has a black cat on it. She's in England, so I wasn't sure what they have over there that is Halloween-y, but I figured that this would give her a pretty good example of an American Halloween.

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

That really rots Rachel :o( I don't envy your position. I'm attached to my car and when I ran into that cement pylon, I was NOT happy that I damaged my own car. I can't imagine how I'd feel if someone totalled my car. Good luck.

Annie said...

Hope you get this sorted out soon. What a headache!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls