Followers

27 September 2010

25 finishes!

Saturday evening, I put the last stitches into my 25th finish for the year. I finished my Samhain ornament. I have to do the ornament finishing, but the stitching is done. I have a lot more finishes than I thought I did. Woo hoo!

My dress fitting went OK. I had really wanted to bring my dress home yesterday, but that wasn't happening. My friend Samantha was instructed to take out all her aggression when lacing me into it. They mentioned Gone With the Wind, to which I responded, "I will never see an 18 inch waist again, so don't even think about it." I made the very painful decision to have the seamstress let out a seam in order to keep from having the side seams pull. I didn't want to do it--I have an icky personal tic about wanting to have everything near at hand at all times, but it was a choice of having my dress be almost perfect or utterly perfect. Since true style is about the fit, not the size, I opted for utterly perfect. And, really, once that's taken care of, the dress will be amazing. I know, because I spent 15 minutes, walking around, peering at myself in the mirrors. Yesterday was the first time I've had it on that it made me feel like the model made me feel, that it was the "right" dress, and so, I know it's the right decision. My friend Samantha was instructed to take out all her aggression when lacing me into it. They mentioned Gone With the Wind, to which I responded, "I will never see an 18 inch waist again, so don't even think about it." She is a good friend; she found the fine balance between giving me amazing posture in the dress and stopping before I passed out. LOL.

2 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Oh the dress fitting - how fun. Glad that you have found the perfect dress and it fits so well. You will look stunning come the big day.
Forgive me for no stopping by lately but moving was a big job and I'm finally recoveriing from it.

Pumpkin said...

25 finishes? That's great!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls