Followers

24 September 2010

Cleaning, in theory . . .

is supposed to be a good thing, right?

You put things away, neaten up, make it nice? Then warn guests not to open the closet door, don't look under the bed, and stay out of the office?

Why then, is it so hard to find things that have been put away?

I have been searching all day for my UFO/WIP stash. It's missing.

I know GOOD and WELL that I have a lot more stuff in progress than this. This is not a theory: I'm missing some of them that I know are in the house. I will have to search this weekend.

I am trying to consolidate all my WIPs and UFOs into that lovely rolling cart thing. It's time to start keeping track of and finishing them. There is one I'm pondering getting rid of, but I'm not sure. It's RTF's Sleepy Hollow, and I don't really like it anymore. Not like I LURVE Cricket Collection's version. But I'm not sure. Maybe in a month or so, I'll like it again. I'm fickle. Life in Crazyville will do that to you.

I'm seriously thinking about doing the UFO project next year. It's tempting, but I do worry that there was a valid reason I abandoned each of these projects. And there is a certain part of me that desperately craves cracking open a fresh new retail chart, untouched by my hands, and stitching on it, especially when I opened a drawer this afternoon and found a bunch of little charts. AAACKKKK! I'm still working out the logistics: Do I offer myself a certain amount of fresh starts? Scatter them in a manner, say, 3 finishes lets one new start in? Allow ornament-sized new starts? It's giving me something to think about.

Decisions, decisions . . .

4 comments:

Shelleen said...

I believe that stitching is supposed to be fun. Stitch on what is calling out to you right away. If you want to finish the UFOs and WIPs then give yourself time also to throw in some smalls so you accomplish some finishes. Use a rotation but you don't have to stick to it.

Bette said...

Life is too short to spend time stitching something you no longer like. I went through a bunch of UFO's a couple of years ago and pitched quite a few cause I knew I would never finish them.

Donna said...

LOL. How many hours have I wasted looking for something after I've cleaned? And I stand there saying to myself before I picked up, it was right here!

Pumpkin said...

Okay, the fact that you can't find something is not new ;o) LOL!

I figure stitch was makes you happy. Eventually you might go back to one of those UFOs. I know I will at some point. It just takes time.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls