Followers

10 September 2010

In honor of September 11th

http://www.wtcquilt.com/

I've seen these quilts in person. They're beautiful. I didn't stitch a square, but they're amazing.

I wish they didn't exist.

Only because I wish they didn't have to exist.

But they do, and they're a tribute to the people lost, and the way we stitchers tend to deal with trauma. We pull out our needle and fabric. We pour our grief into our work and make beauty from loss.

9 years out, I hope our souls are starting to heal. I hope we can spend the next 9 years healing the world.

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls