Followers

25 September 2010

Define "productive"

Left-brain went racing today. He woke up at 7AM. Which means I woke up at 7AM. I must be coming down with something because me, who is usually bouncy at that hour, was not so bouncy this morning. I almost fell asleep in the couch, waiting to give him a send off. The minute he left the house, though, I was UP.

I had all these grandiose plans for the day. I didn't have to be at work til 4PM, so the world was my oyster. Yeah, right.

I spent the morning watching Law and Order reruns on TV, while stitching my exchange ornament. Not a waste of time, though; Law and Order is NEVER a waste of time. Best show EVER! I finished my ornament, and then wound the silks on bobbins to be put away. I feel so much better having the stitching done on that one. Tonight I will probably work on sewing it together.

I was supposed to go to the post office and Michaels, but I got so engrossed in TV and stitching that the morning just slipped away, so I decided to organize my UFO box. It's not too bad. I have a lot of projects that a week's stitching will finish. Some bigger projects in there. I will not lie and say I expect to finish all of these any time soon. But it would be nice to have some forward progress.

Time was flying really fast because, by the time I looked up, it was 1:30, and I needed to leave by 2:30. It was time to quickly do the chores I'd planned to do: change out the towels, strip and remake the bed (which is an odious task for a short round person to accomplish. I threw a load of laundry in, filled up the dishwasher, and even kitted up my new take-along project.

I started a Halloween freebie by Ships Manor, Bump In the Night . My Halloween tree needs a few more ornaments, and this is so darling. Ships Manor is a new designer, and I'm looking forward to more designs from him, especially if the chart is as easy to follow as this one.

So that's pretty much everything from Crazyville this weekend. Tomorrow, I have my second dress fitting. Hopefully, it will be the last, but we need to figure out if my dress was tight because of bloating, or my diet, or the foundation garments. I'm hoping it's not the middle reason. I want my dress home with me!

1 comment:

Siobhán said...

Hey, any day spent stitching and watching Law & Order is a productive day in my book! I will miss watching new L&O episodes. I hope the dress fitting went well!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls