Followers

22 January 2012

Progress Report

It's only been one day and the sewing room looks much better. I started early yesterday morning, and worked a good portion of the day. It's not finished by any stretch of the imagination, but you can see the floor! Hallelujah! I did pull ALL the orphan floss I found and put it in a basket to be filed--there is NO reason I should have to go buy floss for a while. I organized all my fabric into neutral and colored and put them in drawers--found out I tend to like the cooler tones of fabric, by the way. All my UFOs are in one place, all the kitted up projects are together, all the commercial kits are together. I even went through the books I've read this year and ruthlessly culled out the books that will be donated--it was hard, but I think they will do better going to someone who will LOVE them for a bargain price, than staying on the pile of someone who just liked em OK. Who knows, maybe that will send some thrift store book shopping karma my way?

I did happy dance because, after two years of trying to reconnect one poor UFO to its chart, an endeavor which took me from my mother's house to our house to back again, I FOUND both pieces within 24 hours of each other and they are now, happily, reunited, in my UFO box. Left-brain did not understand my particular enthusiasm for this; he is not congenitally disorganized, though, and does not understand how things like this are an accomplishment. I also managed to reunite the pinto Chincoteague pony WIP with its chart; they've been separated since we went camping in May. I actually do feel much better having that particular project back together; it's been bothering me.

I celebrated these small victories this morning by starting another ornament from the JCS ornament issue. I chose Fresh Fallen Snow by LHN, but, since my budget is not conducive to lots of Belle Soie, I swapped out the colors for CC Green Onion for the white part and Blue Corn, also by CC, for the parts that are green in the original design. I have to say, I like this color combination A LOT. I'm using Lambswool linen for the fabric, and like how soft the Green Onion is against it, it really lets the blue pop. I plan on doing this and Crescent Colors' Jolly on the same fabric, hopefully both can be completed this week, and I might be able to do some finishing. Wouldn't it be loverly to see some completed ornaments, waiting for the tree?

6 comments:

Denise said...

It does make it easier to have it somewhat organized and find things...so I appreciate how you felt about your accomplishment!

Julie M said...

Well it sounds like you have been a very busy girl and have made great strides in your organization! Glad you were able to find your missing and get them back where they belong.

Can't wait to see pics of your ornies!

Donna said...

I celebrate your victories with you. It is wonderful to reunite a project with the chart.

riona said...

Nice to hear you had a fruitful weekend. Now if I could just get to work on my spare room.

Siobhán said...

Good for you for getting so organized! YGG on reuniting the chart with the WIP. I am still missing a few ornaments that I stitched but haven't ornamentalized yet, despite my efforts at trying to be organized. I think they're hiding in self-preservation mode. LOL

Pumpkin said...

That's awesome! Even if you just got like things put together and then organized them later, that makes a huge difference. Hopefully you'll have your space soon :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls