Followers

24 January 2012

Stuff happens . . .

Not the best title, but . . .

The Chinese New Year started yesterday. It's the year of the Dragon, the luckiest year! I might be a little biased, since I am a Dragon as well (1976 was a good year all around), but apparently, in many Asian countries, birth rates are increasing as people try to ensure their babies are born this year. I knew there was another reason I knew 2012 was going to be a lucky year in Crazyville! Now I just need to find a few small dragon charts to stitch (and finish Icy Dragon, whose chart seems to have gone on an adventure) to celebrate the event. Would anyone like to join me?

Yesterday was a thoroughly rotten day, weatherwise, and I must have felt it, because I could barely lift a needle when I got home. I discovered a mistake in Fresh Fallen Snow--the little snowflake, bottom right, the top right arm(is that what that is, arm, spike, tentacle?) has a mistake. I discovered it after repeating said mistake on 2 other arms. I'm too OCD to leave it in, so picked it out. That must have completely worn me out, because I was asleep by 8:30, then woke up at 10:55 because Beazer was snorting on the other side of the bed (this must be a characteristic of short-muzzled breeds, this snorting thing. I've always had long-muzzled dogs, Robbie is quite the silent one when he wants to be. Which isn't often). Anywho . . .

Oh, while I'm here to mention it, I know a lot of stitchers use Jammer boxes to hold their floss. When you can find them. Apparently the Jammer people found out we do this, and are remarketing them for stitchers. Joann's is carrying them now. AND THEY'RE ON SALE!

Jammer Boxes!


I ordered three, since I rounded up all that floss. Now, if anyone knows a good source for bulk paper bobbins, I'd be a happy camper.

5 comments:

riona said...

I'll be happy to do a dragon SAL with you again ... I still have Dragon Dreams' Dragon of the Winter Moon and Dragon of the Summer Sky and There Be Dragon's Here and Dragon's Tea Party in my to do pile. I could easily start one of them when you start yours [or when you resume work on Icy]. You know I am always up for a dragon stitch. I also have some fantastic dragon bookmarks I purchased online. Since I am at work and don't have access to my stash, I can't tell you the designer's name. But the designs are phenomenal: I have stitched all of them once. Framed two of them, and used one as bookmark in an exchange.

Teresa said...

Rachel....I have an unopened package of DMC cardboard bobbins plus a few extra and a bundle of non-DMC if you would like....email me.

Astrids dragon said...

Dragons... yeah! Alas, I am a sheep, how boring. I do have several dragons I would like to stitch and this is the perfect year to do them!

I haven't seen the jammer boxes, but I'll take a look sometime this week. Thanks for the info about them, especially the sale part!

Meari said...

Would you believe the JoAnn's website says the Jammer boxes are no longer available???!

Pumpkin said...

Interesting! I've never seen these boxes before. I don't wind my threads anymore and use these HUGE Plano boxes to store my floss.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls