Followers

02 April 2012

Checking in

I know I have been promising pictures, but this weekend, it just did not happen. I had a long day on Friday, started at 4AM with my beloved Beazer needing to go potty RIGHT THEN, then continued on Saturday (had to be up at 6AM so he'd have time to go do doggie things outside before I left for work at 7:30), I didn't get home til 6 that evening and was so tired, I slept through the Kentucky/Louisville game. I know, that is a cardinal sin (forgive the pun), but I did occasionally wake up to check the score. We won. The baby leaped and kicked with delight, the dog apparently celebrated by getting one of my Easter decorations down and chewing it up, which, and this is probably hormonal in origin, really upset me. I haven't had a dog chew something of mine up since Chancey was a teenager, and I don't like losing my things. I put him outside for a while to think about what he had done, since he does know better.

And the capper of Saturday was finding out I have miscounted Hearts of America. and it was off. I fudged it, which I HATE doing, but I am mad that I have made so many mistakes on that project. It's not centered on the fabric, and miscounted. I know that no one is perfect, but I try to be with my work, as much as possible, and it annoys me. I figured out how to get it fixed so you can't tell the problem unless you are close, but I know now I can't work projects like this in a start and stop fashion. Therefore, I am not working on ANY OTHER stitching til this is finished, which should be tonight or tomorrow. Probably tonight, but I do have to stitch a house, and I'm not that fond of stitching houses, so I'm allowing for a stop from disillusionment.

And finally, a quick wrap-up of the month. March was kind of a dud. I only had two finishes the entire month of March, my Itty Bitty Kitty square and the one ornament finish. Kind of a bummer. I did have three finishing finishes, a great improvement since I didn't really finish ANYTHING last year, but that doesn't make up for the lack of progress with stitching them. Hopefully, that will change with spring coming. I know we have so much work with the baby's room, but, once that is finished, my fingers are crossed that I'll have some time before she gets here to work on things.

1 comment:

riona said...

Cut yourself a little slack. Your body is working very hard right now, bringing a new life into this world. You are entitled to be tired! You should expect to slow down! You may have a few more hormonal moments coming down the pike! You are allowed to turn your thoughts inward! Heck, there'll be days you should allow yourself to turn your thoughts OFF! So what are a few mistakes in a cross-stitch piece in light of all that?

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls